We are seeking an experienced and motivated Medical Secretary to join the Portsmouth Staff Bank based at Portsmouth University Hospital.
The role will be providing secretarial support to all medical personnel within the department, including typing correspondence and reports. The job summary involves:
- Providing a clerical and secretarial service to all staff within the Cellular Pathology Department including consultants, registrars, H M Coroner and laboratory staff.
- Assisting in the provision of reliable and accurate analytical data for the Trust, in accordance with Clinical Pathology Accreditation (UK)/ISO15189 standards.
- Working as part of a team to deliver, within budget, a patient-orientated medical laboratory service to contribute to efficient and effective care.
This member of staff needs to have a good understanding of IT including how to scan documents onto the computer and save them onto the system. Access to and training on PAS would be ideal as this would allow them to find and track medical records.
This role will be full time hours Monday - Friday.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Education to GCSE Level A* to C grade
- Demonstrable varied secretarial experience
- Experience of working in a healthcare environment.
- RSA III in typing/word processing or an equivalent IT qualification, eg ECDL
- The ability to work using own initiative and without supervision.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy & keyboard skills
- Shorthand/speedwriting qualification desirable
- Audio typing qualification, or significant level of skill gained through experience
- Previous knowledge or experience of medical terminology
- Experience of minute taking
- Understanding of IT including how to scan documents onto the computer.
Our Bank workers are invaluable to us and in return of your hard work and commitment we can offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay rates – enhanced pay rates paid during the weekend and Bank Holidays
- Flexible working pattern
- Opportunities to work across sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority placements over an Agency Workers
- A dedicated onsite bookings team
- Electronic timesheet submission and weekly pay
- An onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
- A professional compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work
- We also offer Core Skills Training
Please apply directly to this advertisement, ensuring you upload a full and up to date CV. Successful applicants will be contacted shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.