Portsmouth Hospitals are looking to recruit an experienced IT Senior Engineer to join the IT Operations department.
Play an engineering role in the provision of effective, efficient and fully integrated IT operational services that maximise their availability and integrity for end-users and optimise the value gained by the Trust from its investment in IT. This will be achieved by:
- Supporting the department’s ITIL processes, providing professional execution of Incident, Request Fulfilment, Change, Configuration and Problem Management;
- Assisting with software and hardware installations, specifications, testing and service transition;
- Supporting the Trust in meeting business objectives by contributing to assessment of potential technology innovations and, where approved, assisting their implementation;
Core operating hours are 08:00 – 17:00
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in computing or related field.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in IT
- Technical accreditation in at least one or more of the following; Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- ITIL Practitioner qualification.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Certified Virtualisation Expert (CVE) or Citrix Certified Architect (CCA).
This is a great opportunity for someone who is able to demonstrate a passion for IT services, experience supporting clients and managing specific incidents and service requests of various complexities. If you believe you’re a starter-finisher, who takes ownership of issues we would welcome your application.
This is also a great opportunity to join an NHS organisation that continues to invest in enterprise class technology whilst also offering great benefits including a fantastic pension scheme, excellent holiday entitlement, continuous personal development and most importantly a team ethos.
Our Bank workers are invaluable to us and in return of your hard work and commitment we can offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay rates -enhanced payrates paid during the weekend and Bank Holidays
- Flexible working pattern
- Opportunities to work across sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority placements over an Agency Workers
- A dedicated onsite bookings team
- Electronic timesheet submission and weekly pay
- An onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
- A professional compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work
- We also offer Core Skills Training
Please apply directly to this advertisement, ensuring you upload a full and up to date CV. Successful applicants will be contacted shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.