We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Band 8a IT Project Manager to join the Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust Staff Bank.
Portsmouth is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country. Joining the Staff Bank we can offer you a more flexible shift pattern, as well as the opportunities to work across different departments, gaining invaluable skills and experience.
The job role is full time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
The IT Project Manager will manage IT Workstreams and Projects throughout the end to end lifecycle management, for a range of projects. You will manage the requirements gathering along with technical colleagues to ensure that all Project Management controls are in place and are being adhered to in line with the Digital Strategy and Design Principles. Working in collaboration with clinicians, staff and other enabling functions to lead digital transformation across the Organisation.
- Reporting to the IT Programme Manager as part of a team of Project Managers the post holder is accountable for the detailed planning and delivery of IT projects.
- To manage the delivery of IT projects and tasks, as agreed with the IT Programme Manager and Deputy CIO (Digital)
- To ensure project objectives and schedules are achieved on time and to budget.
- To support the Digital and Divisional Teams in the assessment, procurement or development, and delivery of IT Projects.
- To advise and support the Digital Programme on a broad range of technical and clinical project tasks, highlighting issues, developing options-based solutions and take appropriate actions to ensure successful results.
- Conduct project feasibility reviews of proposed IT developments as required, consulting with reviewers of similar projects and the PMO to avoid duplication and develop common approaches
- Manage through to successful delivery allocated clinical IT projects, or IT components of business change projects, to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and cost-efficiency of Trust services.
- Ensure Trust and IT Department project management processes are followed so that project budgets, timescales, quality, staff resources and achievement of benefits are adequately monitored and controlled and Trust and NHS standing financial instructions, policies and procedures are scrupulously complied with.
Our Bank workers are invaluable to us and in return for your hard work and commitment we can offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay rates – enhanced pay rates paid during the weekend and Bank Holidays
- Flexible working pattern
- Opportunities to work across sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority placements over Agency Workers
- A dedicated onsite bookings team
- Electronic timesheet submission and weekly pay
- An onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
- A professional compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work
- We also offer Core Skills Training
Please apply directly to this advertisement, ensuring you upload a full and up to date CV. Successful applicants will be contacted shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.