We are seeking an experienced and motivated IT Engineer to join the Portsmouth Staff Bank at Queen Alexandra Hospital.
Duties for IT Engineer include:
The post holder will:
1. Proactively and positively contribute to the successful overall performance of the Trust.
2. Deliver excellent levels of customer service to all patients/visitors and staff at the Trust.
3. Develop effective ways of working and create strong partnerships and relationships with all stakeholders to
support the implementation of the Government’s policies on Health.
4. Develop an organisational culture that fosters collaborative working among all staff groups, to ensure a
focused commitment to delivering quality services and outcomes.
5. Act as an advocate for the Trust & its contribution to the Health Service arena through creating effective
partnerships and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
6. Comply with corporate governance structure in keeping with the principles and standards set out by the Trust.
7. Support the Trust culture of collaborative, flexible cross-team working and commitment to delivering quality
services and outcomes, which support the Government’s policies on public health
8. If your employment is to a post that requires you to be registered with a professional body, the continuation of
your employment is conditional upon you continuing to be registered with the appropriate professional body.
The Trust will require evidence of current registration.
9. In compliance with the Trust's practices and procedures associated with the control of infection, you are
• Adhere to Trust Infection Control Policies assuring compliance with all defined infection control standards
at all times.
• Conduct hand hygiene in accordance with Trust policy, challenging those around you that do not.
• Challenge poor practice that could lead to the transmission of infection.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Excellent interpersonal and explanatory skills in dealing with a wide range of information technology users from
skilled to ICT-illiterate.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills, with the ability to present within a group.
• Good team-player, highly motivated individual to support the delivery of an efficient, effective customer-focused
• Good presentation and negotiation skills.
• Excellent planning and time-management skills.
• Good negotiating and relationship-building skills.
• Able to set clear and appropriate priorities, with the ability to deal with conflicting demands, unpredictable work
patterns, and multiple deadlines.
• Good technical knowledge to understand and resolve technical problems.
• Good knowledge of data protection and information security/governance issues.
|• Service-orientated, customer-focused.|
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and confident.
• Methodical, logical and numerate.
• Patient and flexible, able to operate as part of a team, accepting others’ opinions as being as valid as her/his own.
• Mobility, clean driving license and access to a vehicle essential
• Ability to travel across sites, training courses and conferences
• Flexible approach to work outside normal office hours, when and if the need arises.
Our Bank workers are invaluable to us and in return of your hard work and commitment we can offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay rates – enhanced payrates paid during the weekend and Bank Holidays
- Flexible working pattern
- Opportunities to work across sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority placements over an Agency Workers
- A dedicated onsite bookings team
- Electronic timesheet submission and weekly pay
- An onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
- A professional compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work
- We also offer Core Skills Training
Please apply directly to this advertisement, ensuring you upload a full and up to date CV. Successful applicants will be contacted shortly. If you require further information then please contact the Portsmouth Staff Bank Recruitment Team on 0333 577 3316.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.