Kingston Hospital Staff Bank have a wonderful opportunity for an experienced analyst to take on the role of Bank Facilities Analyst with Estates and Facilities, to start on 16th September. The role will be full-time, Monday to Friday, 08:00-16:00 for between 1 month and 4 months. A DBS check will be required as part of the recruitment process.
To be the Trust lead on performance management of the PFI contract, to include physical inspections of the site and detailed, complex analysis of performance data against KPI’s to improve the of PFI contract services for the Trust. To play a pivotal role in the Trust Patient-led Assessments of the Care Environment (PLACE) and represent the Trust on the National PLACE Review steering group.
To provide high-level Facilities Management support to the Facilities Department in creating, maintaining and improving relevant, high quality and cost-effective services using appropriate IT systems. To maintain a positive and helpful attitude at all times. To provide support to the department in reaching directorate objectives in line with Trust corporate and quality objectives. To work with the team in maintaining an organised and efficient image for Facilities. To carry out other duties as necessary to the department. To work in accordance with the Trust’s core values everyday.
PFI Contract Monitoring
- To lead on the performance monitoring of the PFI contract, incorporating proactive inspections and detailed, complex analysis of the Project Co performance against KPI’s, to improve the of PFI Facilities Management services for the Trust
- To conduct ongoing audits of both the Hard and Soft Facilities Management service provided by the PFI Project Co, identifying service and performance failures and calculating the relevant penalties to be applied
- To work closely with the Facilities Senior Management to follow the PFI contract terms to apply any penalties incurred by Project Co in order to reclaim monies or service failure points owed to the Trust
- To play a key role in promoting a high-quality patient experience through the NHS Patient-led Assessments of the Care Environment (PLACE) assessment at he Trust.
- To arrange and facilitate meetings and venues for PLACE inspections.
- To represent the Trust at the National PLACE Review steering group alongside the Facilities Manager.
- To ensure that external assessments are carried out and fulfilled in the required time. Including but not limited to the Trust’s PLACE returns.
- To organise PLACE inspections & steering group meetings, collating results and ensuring that actions and improvements identified from the assessment are progressed and completed in the required time.
- To update other high-level Trust committees of PLACE results and subsequent completed actions and any improvements as a result of the inspection. To ably answer and deal any queries or feedback raised by Senior Trust.
- To recruit and provide training for new patient assessors from a variety of backgrounds to take part in and provide quality feedback for the PLACE inspection.
- Review documentation issued prior to PLACE assessment and amend as required to meet Trust needs.
- To provide an independent validating role to ably support and advise other Trusts on their PLACE inspections.
- Continuously review PLACE processes to ensure that the assessment is carried out in line with HSCIC guidance, whilst continuingly looking to improve the assessment process at the Trust.
- To carry out and lead regular environmental audits with Facilities Management, Trust Estates Team, Matrons and other nursing staff, PFI Project Company and FM Contractors.
- To follow up own action points and notify staff of their arising actions from departmental meetings.
- Undertake and lead on other ad-hoc projects as required.
- To act on behalf of Facilities Management at various meetings as required.
- To conduct in-depth analysis of PFI contract performance, identifying service and quality failures, and calculating and applying the penalties to be levied accordingly
- To carry out high level, complex data analysis and provide accurate and concise summary reports to enable high level decision making within the Trust.
- To ably adjust and communicate analytical findings to staff at all levels, adjusting analysis to ensure that all staff involved clearly understand findings regardless of knowledge and background.
- To develop and maintain an understanding of Facilities and other Trust projects and how data can be subsequently used to support quality improvements and initiatives.
- Carrying out data benchmarking with other external parties, including other Trusts, external companies and National Bodies as required, ensuring that data provided is of sufficient quality and detail.
- Maintain large datasets, replying to Freedom of Information requests regarding Facilities services and data sharing with other Trust Facilities departments
- To work autonomously and progress projects without direct management supervision but seek advice when necessary and to have the confidence to make decisions when required.
- To prioritise and manage own workload and to respond and react effectively to situations as they arise ensuring that priorities and deadlines are met.
Team Role / Staff Management
- Act as a day-to-day point of contact for issues relating to service standards both for the Facilities Contract and service users.
- Resolve straightforward and complex issues as they arise, whilst referring and escalating serious implications appropriately.
- To ensure that effective lines of communication are established and maintained within the Facilities Department
- To develop and maintain good communication links with staff at all levels within the organisation including Trust Senior Managers, PFI Project Co, Estates & Facilities Contractor(s) and other external organisations.
- Complete the annual Business Impact Analysis and Business Continuity Plans for the department.
- Complete and manage risk assessments for the department.
- To maintain key financial records within the department, whilst carrying detailed trend analysis and escalating or concerns or anomalies identified.
- To carry out a comprehensive review of the monthly PFI Unitary Payment invoice ensuring that any pass-through costs or contract variations are identified and recharged appropriately.
- Ensure that all PFI Contract Variations with up to date and accurate information are passed on to the Trust’s Financial Management team in order to enable a smooth recharging process, with end users aware of any costs that may impact upon their department.
- Actively review and contribute to budget review meetings within the department, and suggest new initiatives and improvements to reduce unnecessary expenditure.
- To provide an exceptional standard of customer care and be courteous when dealing with any queries.
- To maintain a professional, positive and helpful attitude at all times with a willingness to adapt to challenges as they arise.
Education and Training/Self-Development
- Identify own training and personal development needs and undertake appropriate training/education as required.
- Participate in an annual performance review process where objectives will be agreed, performance monitored, and personal development needs discussed.
- Act responsibly in respect of colleague’s health, safety and welfare following safe work practices and complying with the Trust’s Health and Safety Policies.
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as and when required to do so.
- Adhere to all Trust Policies as applicable.
This job description is not intended to limit the scope and extent of the job to be undertaken and will be subject to review and alteration as necessary, following discussion with the post holder.
Criteria for Selection
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- NVQ in Business / Administration
- Application Form / Certificates
- Experience of carrying out audits
- Experience of complex quantitative and qualitative analysis and presenting findings in a clear and easily understandable form.
- Experience in NHS Facilities environment.
- Experience of auditing PFI contracts
- Experience of leading PLACE assessments
- Experience of assisting with risk assessments
- Application Form / Interview
- Good understanding of NHS Facilities services & the contribution made to patient care.
- Good understanding of day-to-day working of NHS Hospital.
- Broad understanding of initiatives related to the patient environment.
- Application Form / Interview
- Computer literate with advanced Word and Excel skills.
- Able to manage and analyse data systems, spot trends, advise on information collation and storage systems.
- Able to analyse and interpret audit information and report on findings and outcomes.
- Accurate and eye for detail
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to deal with staff at all levels.
- Good negotiator.
- Customer care skills including being able to deal with difficult people.
- Application Form / Interview
- Good time management.
- Good written skills.
- Good communicator, organiser and influencer.
- Calm and organised.
- Able to work with frequent interruptions.
- Able to act on own initiative.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Committed to continuous service improvement.
- Customer focused.
- Committed to living the hospital’s core values every day.
- Application Form / Interview
Please note that the Trust reserves the right to close vacancies before the stated closing date.
Please apply directly to this advertisement, with full and correct contact details and an up to date CV that covers the last 10 years of your employment and educational history and has the month and year you both started and finished in each educational institution/workplace specified. If there are any gaps in your CV due to unemployment, travelling etc, please specify the month and year you were in these circumstances. A member of the Recruitment Team will contact you shortly to discuss the role in more detail and to guide you through registration.
Unfortunately, due to this being a temporary position, we would be unable to support Tier 2 Sponsorship VISAs.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.