We are seeking an experienced and motivated DevOps Engineer to join the Portsmouth Staff Bank at Queen Alexandra Hospital.
Duties for DevOps Engineer include:
- Proactively and positively contribute to the successful overall performance of the Trust.
- Deliver excellent levels of customer service to all patients/visitors and staff at the Trust.
- Develop effective ways of working and create strong partnerships and relationships with all stakeholders to support the implementation of the Government’s policies on Health.
- Develop an organisational culture that fosters collaborative working among all staff groups, to ensure a focused commitment to delivering quality services and outcomes.
- Act as an advocate for the Trust & its contribution to the Health Service arena through creating effective partnerships and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Comply with corporate governance structure in keeping with the principles and standards set out by the Trust.
- Support the Trust culture of collaborative, flexible cross-team working and commitment to delivering quality services and outcomes, which support the Government’s policies on public health
- If your employment is to a post that requires you to be registered with a professional body, the continuation of your employment is conditional upon you continuing to be registered with the appropriate professional body. The Trust will require evidence of current registration.
In compliance with the Trust's practices and procedures associated with the control of infection, you are required to:
- Adhere to Trust Infection Control Policies assuring compliance with all defined infection control standards at all times.
- Conduct hand hygiene in accordance with Trust policy, challenging those around you that do not.
- Challenge poor practice that could lead to the transmission of infection.
- Proactively meaningfully and consistently demonstrate the Trust Values in your every day practice, decision making and interactions with patients and colleagues.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills to gain the credibility of, and work effectively with, a wide range of health organisations and professional groups including directors, other senior managers, health and social care professionals and IT staff.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills to gain agreement from multiple stakeholders to organizational and technical changes and their related resource implications.
- Strong and effective leadership and people management skills.
- Strong influencing, persuasion and negotiating skills to gain agreement from multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work with and through others.
- Able to clearly manage priorities for self, staff and teams in order to meet targets.
- Strong knowledge of NHS/Government policies, strategies and organizational relationships in relation to digital, IT and public service developments, to be able to advise client organization Boards and develop proposals for IT to respond to corporate needs.
- Good knowledge of corporate and information governance issues.
- Able to clearly manage priorities for self, staff and their teams in order to meet targets
- Able to keep cool in a crisis and manage staff to resolve problems and restore services which are frequently vital for maintaining clinical care and organizational performance, with minimum delay.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Ability to work with and through others
- Excellent team-building and person management skills.
Our Bank workers are invaluable to us and in return of your hard work and commitment we can offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay rates – enhanced payrates paid during the weekend and Bank Holidays
- Flexible working pattern
- Opportunities to work across sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority placements over an Agency Workers
- A dedicated onsite bookings team
- Electronic timesheet submission and weekly pay
- An onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
- A professional compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work
- We also offer Core Skills Training
Please apply directly to this advertisement, ensuring you upload a full and up to date CV. Successful applicants will be contacted shortly. If you require further information then please contact the Portsmouth Staff Bank Recruitment Team on 0333 577 3316.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.