We seek Band 4 Medical Secretaries to provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the Consultant and his/her team, ensuring the office is managed and administered to efficiently and effectively.
A high level of initiative, knowledge, tact, diplomacy and effective communication is required to all levels of management and staff, ensuring a high level of confidentiality is maintained. Contributing to the organisation and workload management of the Consultant and his/her team as required.
- To deal with telephone enquiries from key contacts including GP’s, liase with internal and external sources to resolve any problems, queries or complaints, which may be from distressed patients/relatives and may include dealing with delicate situations, using own judgement.
- Deal with patients, relatives, medical representatives and other professionals that attend the office to resolve any problems, queries, complaints or requests for appointments.
- Ensure confidentiality at all times.
- Manage own workload and work independently within service need.
- Maintain diaries, assist in scheduling consultant workload, and liase with other relevant parties concerning the planning and re-scheduling of work as necessary.
- Advise junior medical staff to attend clinical commitments as necessary.
- Allocate and organise junior medical staff administrative workload, ensuring timely response in the interest of patient care.
- Organise medical students, clinical attachments and work experience students attached to the Consultant, liasing with various departments to arrange the placements, arrange teaching sessions and attendance at clinical sessions as necessary.
To apply please add a copy of you updated CV and a member of the recruitment team will be in contact shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.