We need you! UCLH are looking for new enthusiastic candidates to join our Bank!
Candidates must have: Experience in Domestic Services within the Health Service. – 6 months experience in cleaner role in hospitality or similar.
The post-holder will be part of the Portering team carrying out the whole range of portering duties performed at the UCLH Trust. The post-holder may be required to perform duties in any of the departments within UCLH / Facilities and should be willing to work in a flexible manner. This is a uniformed post, and where provided, a uniform will be worn during the hours of duty.The Portering Department currently employs approximately 2 Portering Supervisors and 20 General Porters within the department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately.
- Encourage good working relationships with other porters, domestic staff, work colleagues, patients and visitors.
- Maintain professional boundaries and working relationships with patients and colleagues.
- Ensure effective communications are followed at all times.
- Ensure at the end of each shift the Supervisor is informed of any outstanding work in your areas.
- Report any issues at work that may put health, safety and security at risk.
- Support the Security staff to help control violent patients. This may include using de-escalation techniques, or assisting the security staff in the restraining of patients.
Personal and People Development
- Understand own level of responsibility and accountability.
- Identify own learning needs and produce a personal development plan in conjunction with the Line Manager.
- Participate in annual staff appraisal, staff development and in-service training activities in line with the Knowledge and Skills Framework.
- Attend Trust / local orientation programmes, mandatory training sessions and annual updates.
- Ensure you are aware of current and up-to-date work schedules, practices and procedures.
Health, Safety and Security
- Assist in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Ensure that the Supervisor is made aware immediately of any problems that occur during your shift.
- Identify potential risks for all staff, patients and visitors and assist with relevant incident reporting procedures.
- To take personal responsibility for promoting a safe environment and safe patient care by
- identifying areas of risk and following the Incident, Serious Incidents and Near Misses reporting policy and procedure.
- To take personal responsibility for ensuring that UCLH resources are used efficiently and with minimum wastage, and to comply with the Trust's Standing Financial Instructions (SFIs).
- To comply with Trust policies for personal and patient safety and for prevention of health care associated infection (HCAI); this includes a requirement for rigorous and consistent compliance with Trust policies for hand hygiene, use of personal protective equipment and safe disposal of sharps.
- To be aware of and adhere to all Trust policies and procedures, the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Data Protection Act.
- In the absence of the supervisors the Fire Team will play a leading role in all fire activations throughout QSD. Acting as the Fire Team Officer (investigating where the alarm has been triggered, go to the source of the Fire detector head). Act as point of liaison with the Fire Brigade. Complete the Fire incident reports for the Trust Fire Advisor.
- Cardiac Arrest, Supporting the Medical teams in all Cardiac arrest incidents throughout QSD. Taking the nearest Cardiac Arrest Trolley to its described location for Medical Staff to commence Cardiac Arrest treatment to the patient. Remaining with the Medical Team until requested to ‘stand down’.
- Maintain adequate levels of stock, equipment and materials and facilitate the efficient, effective use of resources; report when availability falls below an acceptable standard or level.
- Pass on constructive views and ideas for improving services to Line Manager.
- Issuing batteries for bleeps, changing bleeps, sending bleeps for repair and distributing bleeps to appropriate bleep holders.
- Delivery of stores in cages from goods yard to RLHIM building and various departments.
- Removal of confidential waste from a high number of locations around the Division.
- Responsible to complete documentation of all waste streams, Clinical / Domestic / Confidential / Recycling and Pharmaceutical waste.
- Supporting the Major Incident Team and Medical Teams when an incident occurs. (Eg: Power, Phone lines, Bleep system failures, etc,)
- Ensure a welcoming and caring approach to patients and their family/visitors/carers.
- Be aware of and maintain required standard of quality of service.
- Comply with Trust / local policies and procedures.
- Stock take of medical gas cylinder usage to enable Pharmacy to order appropriate levels for hospital use on a weekly basis.
You must have 6 months experience in a similar role. To apply please include your full CV!
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.