Bank Band 2 General Porter
Applicant must hold 6 months experience in a cleaner role (NHS or healthcare setting)
Experience must be within the last 3 years.
The post-holder will be part of the Domestic team carrying out the whole range of domestic duties performed at the UCLH Trust. The role of the Domestic Assistant is to support the Domestic Supervisor in ensuring that high quality cleaning standards are met in all parts of the Trust and associated buildings. Work effectively either alone in a given area or with one or more other domestic assistants in an efficient, effective and safe manner. To use a varied range of domestic cleaning machinery and materials in accordance with the above and ensure it is left in a clean condition after each use. Ensure cleaning standards meet the criteria outlined by the NHS Executive ‘Clean Hospital Programme
All successful candidates will need to undergo full pre-employment checks and must be willing to complete the below:
- Core Skills Training
- Enhanced DBS
- Occupational Health Screening
- Registration Forms
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To adhere to the UCLH Trust customer service standards and principle:
- Damp dusting of furniture and fittings and all equipment on the ward
- Vacuuming of carpeted floor areas
- Cleaning of telephone handsets, fax machines, computers and patient line
- Emptying and cleaning of waste bins
- Replenish cleaning and domestic consumables
- Maintaining all domestic equipment in a clean and tidy condition and ensuring safety for other users.
- Washing bed curtain rails
- Wipe down paintwork and wall tiles up to 8’ high
- High and low dusting
- Changing of bed clothes in non-patient areas
- Changing of bed curtains
- Carpet cleaning and shampooing
- Wall washing up to 8” high
- To assist with clean linen distribution and dirty linen collection in accordance with safe working practices.
- Cleaning of infected areas
- Steam cleaning of equipment and fixtures
- Floor maintenance; high speed spray buffing, floor scrubbing, stripping and resealing.
- Damp mopping
- Dust controlling hard and semi-hard floors
- Water extraction/suction cleaning
- Furniture polishing
- Cleaning of sinks, toilets, showers, plugholes (including shower drains), bathrooms, basins and urinals.
- Cleaning of source isolation areas
- Cleaning of all corners and edges
- Deep cleaning of bed, bed spaces and side rooms upon patients discharge.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.