We need you! UCLH are recruiting for enthusiastic, hard working candidates to join our Bank team!
- Experience in Domestic Services within the Health Service. – 6 months experience in cleaner role in hospitality or similar.
The post-holder will be part of the Domestic team carrying out the whole range of domestic duties performed at the UCLH Trust.
- The role of the Domestic Assistant is to support the Domestic Supervisor in ensuring that high quality cleaning standards are met in all parts of the Trust and associated buildings.
- Work effectively either alone in a given area or with one or more other domestic assistants in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- To use a varied range of domestic cleaning machinery and materials in accordance with the above and ensure it is left in a clean condition after each use.
- Ensure cleaning standards meet the criteria outlined by the NHS Executive ‘Clean Hospital Programme
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- -To adhere to the UCLH Trust customer service standards and principle:
- - Damp dusting of furniture and fittings and all equipment on the ward
- - Vacuuming of carpeted floor areas
- - Cleaning of telephone handsets, fax machines, computers and patient line
- - Emptying and cleaning of waste bins
- - Replenish cleaning and domestic consumables
- - Maintaining all domestic equipment in a clean and tidy condition and ensuring safety for other users.
- - Washing bed curtain rails
- - Wipe down paintwork and wall tiles up to 8’ high
- - High and low dusting
- - Changing of bed clothes in non-patient areas
- - Changing of bed curtains
- - Carpet cleaning and shampooing
- - Wall washing up to 8” high
- - To assist with clean linen distribution and dirty linen collection in accordance with safe working practices.
- - Cleaning of infected areas
- - Steam cleaning of equipment and fixtures
- - Floor maintenance; high speed spray buffing, floor scrubbing, stripping and resealing.
- - Damp mopping
- - Dust controlling hard and semi-hard floors
- - Water extraction/suction cleaning
- - Furniture polishing
- - Cleaning of sinks, toilets, showers, plugholes (including shower drains), bathrooms, basins and urinals.
- - Cleaning of source isolation areas
- - Cleaning of all corners and edges
- - Deep cleaning of bed, bed spaces and side rooms upon patients discharge.
Please include an up to date CV to be considered for the role. Any queries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.