University College London Hospital are looking for a Band 5 Data Analyst to join their occupational health team. The role will be on a full time bases and is projected to run until the end of June. The successful applicant will be Responsible for the efficient and accurate collection, storage, retrieval and transfer of data relating to the OH & Wellbeing Dept.
Main duties will include but are not limited to:
- To Liaising with clinicians and other staff or use staff records or other systems to validate data.
- To Enter, modify and delete data accurately, completely and consistently into the OH and training databases and others as appropriate, in accordance with agreed local and national legislation, policies and procedures.
- To identify, clarify and resolve queries, discrepancies, missing data and errors, checking accuracy of information at all levels, and ensuring that the integrity of data is maintained and that datasets are complete and consistent with legislation, policies and procedures.
- To perform data validation / query resolution on data exported and to update locally held records as appropriate.
- To maintain records of data entered and yet to be completed, and of data verification / validation processes
- To liaise with admin and senior staff in OH & Wellbeing with regards to data management issues as and when they arise.
- To respond to routine and ad hoc requests for information from Management, producing reports in an accurate and timely manner and a user friendly format.
- To provide audit support for clinical staff and non-clinical staff as and when required. To assist other members of staff as required with audit information that may impact on service delivery
- To participate in general audits of policies, procedures and practices, generating reports on local clinical audits.
- To advise data users on the improvement of information-provision services, reacting constructively to changing circumstances, and commenting on policies, procedures or possible developments which would have an impact on the team.
- To propose improvements to working practices or procedures within own work area.
- To participate in training and education relevant to own area of work
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent.
- Previous NHS experience in a similar role
- Appropriate qualification or 6 months experience in a data analyst role
- Demonstrable level of database and information management experience at a high level of competence acquired through both training and experience
- Understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality and security in handling data according to the policies of the trusts and the Data Protection Act
- Can demonstrate understanding of basic data management processes including implementing quality assurance processes
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.