Our vision is to deliver top-quality patient care, excellent education and world-class research supported by world-class technology. EHRS sits at the heart of world-class digital and will provide us with a step-wise improvement in research, clinical services, and patient experience. It is also an essential enabler for new models of care, such as Accountable Care Organisations (ACO), which requires population health management.
Patients are at the centre of everything we do. An electronic health record system will help to ensure that we continue to get better at delivering services and treatment plans designed around patient needs.
It will provide real-time information about any patient’s condition, treatment plan, diagnostic results, scheduled clinics and much more – providing timely and relevant advice to help clinical teams make the right decisions at the right time.
Not only will an EHRS help UCLH ensure the best possible treatment for patients at the time and place that suit them, it will help optimise operational procedures. This means that we will be able to care for and treat more patients successfully by reducing the number of missed or cancelled appointments, the time lost through rescheduling appointments or needlessly requesting the information we already have on file.
EHRS will help us transition to a digitally enabled organisation that supports the delivery of efficient and effective patient care, achieved through easy-to-use systems that provide staff and patients with access to the right information, in the right place, at the right time.
The role is part of the transformation of clinical systems at UCLH delivered under the iCare Transformation Programme of Work, principally for the deployment of an EHRS system.
To work as part of the iCare (EHRS) Programme of Work with specific responsibility for;
- Performing end-to-end testing of desktop computing devices by completing test scripts on those devices.
- Liaise with Atos and internal teams to co-ordinate the TDR exercise on desktop devices for EHRS Programme
- Document the results of all tests and report back any issues or defects
- Liaise with clinical areas for access and coordinate with them to deliver TDR
Key Working Relationships
- Technical Team Leaders
- EHRS Programme Team
- Clinicians, Specialists and other relevant staff
- EHRS System Provider
- Atos technicians
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the value and importance of the EHRS project
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with members of the EHRS Team, other hospital IT stakeholders, the wider corporate and divisional teams and other staff members as required.
- Develop a good working relationship with Atos counterparts & clinical colleagues
- Responsible for day-to-day delivery of activities for the TDR project
- Responsible producing and maintaining all individual TDR scripts and results, reporting defects as appropriate
- Ensure end-user agreement for the smooth implementation of TDR
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all relevant internal and external staff regarding TDR
- Provide specific understanding of the detailed day-to-day individual TDR activities
- Effectively translate technical aspects of the TDR project into understandable concepts and language for the affected end-users
- Ensure minimum disruption for end-users during the TDR phase of the programme
- Help to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and other standards aimed at ensuring the confidentially, integrity and availability of information for the TDR project
What we need from you;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Good people skills; able to effectively communicate at all levels
Ability to manage a complex delivery agenda and co-ordinate between end-users and suppliers
Programme is running for 12 weeks from 7th January
- Computer literate, experience of dealing with large scale computer programmes/ applications desirable
- Good communication skills
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Able to follow instruction
- Has previously worked in a clinical environment desirable.
If you are interested in this role please apply online today an attach a CV
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.