Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
Priority over agency workers
Supportive on-site teams
And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
1. To provide pharmaceutical advice and support to the CMDU service, vaccine programme and inpatient covid treatment, in order to ensure the safe, efficacious, and cost-effective use of medicines for the benefit of patient care
2. To assist the Highly Specialist Microbiology Pharmacist in managing the Trust response to covid management in line with national guidance and approved commissioning.
3. To deliver training to PHU pharmacy staff ensuring staff are kept up to date with changes
4. To work with colleagues locally and regionally to ensure the appropriate management of supplies for covid treatment including availability, accountability and storage conditions
5. To work with colleagues within clinical trials for the delivery of the covid vaccine programme and supporting the management of clinical trials around covid treatments.
• Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
• Member of General Pharmaceutical Council
• Completed or studying for diploma in Clinical Pharmacy or equivalent
• Non-Medical Prescribing
• Good understanding of the role of a hospital pharmacist, gained through demonstrable experience of working in a UK hospital pharmacy.
• Clinical experience in a range of clinical specialities
• Excellent knowledge of general clinical pharmacy and drug use.
• Previous experience of teaching, training and staff development
• Experience of covid treatments and vaccines.
• Previous experience in clinical trials/research
• Previous experience of EPMA
Skills and Knowledge
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills, written and verbal, with ability to demonstrate fluency, clarity and effectiveness at all levels.
• Demonstrable confidence as a clinical pharmacist
• Demonstrable ability to work in a team
• Demonstrable ability to motivate self and others
• Demonstrable ability to organise and manage workload
• Demonstrable ability to use initiative
• Demonstrable ability to maintain quality standards
• Sound knowledge of therapeutics across all clinical specialties
• Good presentation skills
• Clinical appraisal skills
• Word and data processing ability
• Analytical skills
• Understanding of NHS priorities
• Good understanding of clinical research process including good clinical practice (GCP)
• Experience of working in clinical trials
• Good knowledge of “A Guide to good manufacturing practice and Aseptic Dispensing for NHS patients”
• Clinical appraisal skills and experience of writing up research publications in scientific and pharmaceutical journals.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.