Undertakes specialised clinical Cardiac Physiological tests on patients to inform clinical diagnosis and interprets results and provides a factual report for all routine investigations.
Undertakes specialised clinical Cardiac physiological tests with indirect supervision, able to lead on specific projects
Undertake departmental audits.
Responsible for self directed learning.
- Performing 12 Lead ECG’s and has a skilled knowledge of ECG interpretation.
- Independently and confidently perform ECG’s, ambulatory monitoring, analyses results and provides a comprehensive and accurate report to enable clinical decisions to be made regarding patient treatment.
- Responsible for acting as lead for Exercise ECG testing.
- To be fully conversant with emergency arrest procedures including defibrillation.
- To be part of the Cardiac Cath labs, be expert in routine invasive procedures, including diagnostic angiograms, PCI and primary PCI. Participate in training for EP cases and ablations.
- To be an active part of the 24/7 on call catheter labteam,
- To be part of the Cardioversion team, specifically involved in performing defibrillations on the patient.
- Take part in 24/7 on call rota for primary angioplasty.
- Skilled knowledge in Pacemaker implantation to include VVI and DDD implants.
- Working towards performing a transthoracic Echocardiogram to BSE minimum standards and producing a report to the BSE minimum dataset.
- Act as assistant in TOE (Transoesophageal Echo).
- Experience in the follow up of Reveal devices including remote monitoring.
- Be competent in the follow up of VVI and DDD pacemakers, working towards follow up of specialised devices.
- Perform remote follow up of Bradycardia pacemakers, working towards more complex devices.
Management and leadership.
- To supervise Band 5 Cardiac Physiologists and Assistant Technical officer staff groups.
- Work towards leadership development.
- Degree in BSc Clinical Physiology or equivalent.
- Working towards Masters level qualification.
- RCCP registered.
- Intermediate life support certification
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience as working as a Band 5 within a clinical cardiology environment.
- Experience in all routine clinical Cardiac physiological testing invasive and non-invasive Cardiology.
We are so grateful for the commitment and focus of our Bank Staff Physiologists, so in return we offer the following advantages:
- Flexible working hours
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills training
- Ability to self-book shifts with a weekly pay system
- Opportunity to gain valuable NHS experience in chosen specialism
- Priority of shifts over all agency workers
- Competitive pay
- Access to Exec Benefits Portal
Apply now for this fantastic career-progressing opportunity by attaching your CV, and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact with you shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.