University College London Hospital are looking for a Band 8a Haematology Bank Pharmacist to join their team in September 2021 with a projected end date of December 2021. The role will be full time Monday to Friday.
The role will be to Support the day-to-day delivery and the development of clinical pharmacy services to clinical haematology, in accordance with the priorities agreed between the post-holder, the lead pharmacists for Cancer Services and Haematology in order to ensure safe, clinically effective and cost efficient use of drugs in these patients. Caseload would consist of inpatient wards servicing 20-30 patients per day and outpatients’ clinics. Servicing around 20 patients per day.
Main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Act as a clinical role model for junior pharmacists and demonstrate the ability to provide safe, clinically effective and cost efficient use of medicines to Haematology patients
- Apply core clinical pharmacy skills in order to plan, manage, monitor and review therapeutic programmes for patients in Clinical Haematology
- Apply specialist clinical pharmacy skills in order to plan, manage, monitor and review therapeutic programmes for all patients
- Support the development and implementation of strategies designed to ensure achievement of relevant standards of care
- Identify and manage patient’s pharmaceutical needs and make appropriate referrals
- Demonstrate accountability to patients, service users, stakeholders and the profession
- Follow legal, ethical, professional and employer’s codes of conduct
- Current GPhC Registration
- 6 months experience in a similar role
- SACT verification trained
- Haematology cancer experience
Working through the Bank you will benefit from:
- First opportunity for work placements before agency staff
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated booking consultant available to assist with any queries and advise on suitable assignments tailored to you
- Electronic timesheet system with weekly payroll
If you meet these requirements and are committed to delivering top quality patient care, please apply today.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.