- The post holder will support the co-ordination of the dispensary staff and work flow to provide a high quality and efficient patient orientated service. The post holder will be an accredited checking technician and will participate in the supply of medicines to inpatients, outpatients, wards and departments under the supervision of a Pharmacist.
- The post holder will support the Pharmacy Technician Specialist (Medicines Management) in developing and maintaining the medicines management service at ward level. This will include the assessment of patients own drugs, medicines reconciliation, providing original pack dispensing, counselling patients about their medicines and co-ordinating supply of discharge medicines which includes dispensing TTAs on the wards. The post holder will also support the induction and training of ward based technicians.
- The post holder will be responsible for managing stock control in the dispensary, investigating and resolving discrepancies, and implementing new systems of work to improve stock control.
- The post holder will support training and staff development by acting as a mentor / trainer for NVQ qualifications, in-house and external training/ accreditation.
- The post holder will deputise for the Lead Pharmacy Technician (Inpatients) and the Lead Pharmacy Technician (Outpatients).
- The post holder will line manage pharmacy support workers, and act as an Educational Supervisor and Practice Supervisor for trainee pharmacy professionals in the dispensary and on the wards.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.