University College London Hospital are seeking Bank Band 5 Clinical Physiologists to join the Staff Bank.
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH) is one of the most complex NHS trusts in the UK, Serving a large and diverse population. We provide academically-led acute and specialist services, to people from the local area, from throughout the United Kingdom and overseas.
The post holder will join the team of physiologists providing a service across two sites (UCH and the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery). They will have a working knowledge of routine lung function tests, to include spirometry, flow volume loops, gas transfer and lung volume tests, and a working knowledge of routine sleep studies is desirable. They will also contribute in troubleshooting technical problems relating to lung function and sleep equipment. The post holder will be supported and encouraged in personal and professional development aims.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- To conduct accurate lung function assessments for inpatients and outpatients.
- To maintain and accurately calibrate lung function equipment according to department SOPs.
- Maintain strict patient and departmental confidentiality at all times.
- To ensure adequate documentation of patient results and records.
- Be able to encourage and motivate patients with a range of neuromuscular conditions to perform respiratory tests.
To be considered for these roles, you will need:
- Right to work in the UK
- A minimum of 6 months experience working within the NHS
- Professional membership
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to communicate accurately and effectively
Working through the Bank you will benefit from:
- First opportunity for work placements before agency staff
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated booking consultant available to assist with any queries and advise on suitable assignments tailored to you
- Electronic timesheet system with weekly payroll
If you meet these requirements and are committed to delivering top quality patient care, please apply below by attaching your CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.