University College London Hospital staff bank are looking for Assistant Technical Officers to join our team within the UCLH Pharmacy. UCLH Pharmacy offer a comprehensive array of services with the overall aim of ensuring safe, effective and economical use of medicines throughout the trust.
The Assistant Technical Officer will ensure that medicines are ordered and supplied in a correct, Optimal and timely manner. They will undertake duties as part of the pharmacy team and support the work of other members of the team.
Main Duties will include but are not limited to:
- To dispense medicines in an accurate and timely manner for inpatients and outpatients of the trust as directed by senior technicians using the pharmacy computer system and automated dispensing devices where in place.
- To answer the telephones in a prompt and courteous manner whilst providing cover the Outpatient reception receiving prescriptions (following Standard Operating Procedures) checking payment exemptions and taking payment where appropriate
- To ensure all filing of prescriptions and other documentation is complete
- To ensure all medicines delivered to wards are placed in sealed bags to ensure security in the transport of medicines within the hospital
- To print off electronic discharges
- To ensure that the dispensary has adequate supplies of medicine bottles, bags spoons, measures and syringes and ordering these on a when required basis
- To ensure equipment used in the dispensary is clean and ready for everyday use
- Posting prescriptions to patients
- Stock Management Duties
Essential requirement for the role:
- 6 months aseptic dispensing/manufacturing experience
- NVQ level 2 in pharmacy services or equivalent is desirable but not essential
Working through the Bank you will benefit from:
- First opportunity for work placements before agency staff
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated booking consultant available to assist with any queries and advise on suitable assignments tailored to you
- Electronic timesheet system with weekly payroll
If you meet these requirements and are committed to delivering top quality patient care, please apply below by attaching your CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.