University College London Hospital are looking for Band 6 Clinical Physiologists to join their team on a full time bases. The role will be to perform routine and more specialised lung function tests and help provide lung function for various research and clinical trials, and work to maintain a good standard working environment within the Lung Function and Sleep Service.
Main Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Have a working knowledge of routine and more specialised lung function tests, and be independently responsible for much of the work in the lung function laboratory. This should include performing spirometry, flow-volume loop, transfer factor, body plethysmography, mouth pressures, 6 min. walk tests, bronchodilator response, histamine challenge testing, and capillary blood sampling for fitness to fly tests.
- To ensure all equipment is calibrated at the appropriate time and maintain good hygiene in both the lung function and sleep labs.
- Have a working knowledge of routine and more specialised sleep studies and be able to assist, when required, with screening oximetry and Visilab studies, and with nCPAP treatment.
- Troubleshoot technical problems relating to lung function and sleep equipment.
- To provide technical support for any research undertaken within the lung function and sleep departments.
To be considered for these roles, you will need:
- At least six months NHS experience in a similar role
- RCCP registration
Working through the Bank you will benefit from:
- First opportunity for work placements before agency staff
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated booking consultant available to assist with any queries and advise on suitable assignments tailored to you
- Electronic timesheet system with weekly payroll
If you meet these requirements and are committed to delivering top quality patient care, please apply below.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.