University College London Hospital are looking for Band 4 Laboratory Technician’s to join their team. The role will be to start ASAP and will be for a minimum of 3 months. The UCLH Environmental Research Laboratory conducts microbiological testing of waters in the healthcare environment. It performs a wide variety of functions delivering microbiological services to other departments, undertaking clinical trials, teaching and academic research in the field of prevention of spread of infection in the clinical environment.
A Laboratory Technician (Band 4) is required to support the undertaking of water sampling and analysis for Pseudomonas and Legionella from the existing portfolio of hospital sites at UCLH and related private centres. The Band 4 role is required for 12 months (with review at 6 months).
Main Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Collection of water samples; receipt of submitted samples and booking-in for microbiology analysis and completion of all related paperwork
- Processing of all water samples for microbiology analysis (Legionella and Pseudomonas examinations)
- Performance of all follow-up microbiology testing, confirmations, counting of plates and recording of observations
- Completion of final results forms for review and authorisation by the senior scientist(s) and management
- Distributions of reports and results to the relevant person/groups/ teams.
- Deal with reception and telephone queries from users outside of the department.
- To support the specific technical and clerical duties working with senior scientists as part of a team, to facilitate the smooth running of the service.
- Current HCPC Registration
- BSc or equivalent qualifications in microbiology or biological sciences.
- Experience working in a laboratory testing/handling water samples for bacteriological quality would be advantageous but not essential
- 6 months experience working in a similar role
Our Bank Staff are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:
- Opportunities to work across sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority of shifts over agency workers
- Onsite Business Bank Partners to offer support
- Electronic Timesheet submission with weekly pay
- A dedicated onsite recruitment, compliance and bookings team
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills Training
If you have the skills please do apply uploading your CV today.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.