Our Client, North Middlesex University Hospital are looking for Senior Clinical Fellow in Intensive Care Medicine to join Bank Partners and work Bank shifts at North Middlesex Hospital.
It is open to all doctors with a minimum of registrar level experience in Anaesthesia and Critical Care who wish to gain further experience in the management of Critical Care patients with a wide range of medical and surgical conditions. This is a full time post and is covered by the Medical and Dental Staff Terms and Conditions of Service. You will be assigned a named Educational Supervisor and study leave budget. All successful candidates are strongly encouraged to maintain Log book. CCC has links with the Academic Departments of Anaesthesia and participation in on-going research will be encouraged.
Some of the main duties are:
- Review and offer clinical input to critically ill patients on Critical Care complex.
- Participate in daily morning and evening ward rounds along with a consultant
- Review and treat the new referrals to Critical Care from Emergency department and wards, attend cardiac arrest calls.
- Maintain accurate patient documentation via electronic patient record system called Acubase.
- Liaise with the on-call critical Care consultant whenever required and follow the clinical advice given within expertise
The appointment, where possible, will be tailored to the individual training needs of the successful candidate so that the candidate achieves the best out of the post. The successful applicant is expected to participate in the junior doctors’ 1:8 rota with prospective cover for clinical duties and is compliant to the European Working Time Directive (EWTD). The successful candidates (Clinical Fellows) would be expected to keep a logbook of their experience, undergo regular appraisals and develop a learning plan and a portfolio. The current banding allocation of this post includes an allowance for internal cover to cover the normal leave allowance of colleagues. In exceptional circumstances, Clinical Fellows may be requested to provide additional cover (for an extra payment), for example; to cover sickness of their colleagues.
What we need from you;
- Motivation, commitment and enthusiasm
- 6 months NHS experience in
- Right to work in the UK
Our Bank Doctors are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- The opportunity to work across all North Middlesex departments gaining invaluable skills
- Access to “Lines of Work” (guaranteed short, medium or long term shifts)
- Priority of shifts over an agency worker, accommodating your availability
- An online self booking system that also allows you to submit timesheets electronically - “No more paper time sheets”
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A bookings team to ensure you work when and wherever you want to
If you have 6 months NHS experience and you are looking to further your career in a hospital that has cutting edge technology, please apply online today and ensure that you attach a CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.