StaffBank is seeking a qualified consultant doctor to fill a ward-based line of work in Care of the
Elderly. You’ll be working Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm at including GIM On Calls. This Line
of Work is an immediate start for 6 months. Payment rate can be negotiable.
Hours of working
Days of the week
Consultant Geriatrician 3 WTE current vacant
St Helier hospital
Mon-Fri :1 WTE
Mon, Tues, Thur
To improve the care and experience for frail older people who would benefit from further acute assessment
and management by multidisciplinary team with expertise in complex frail care.
To ensure early supported hospital discharge through close working with community colleagues in
SHC@home and other areas.
- Maintain patients functional abilities whilst providing acute care and prevent de-conditioning by mobilising every patient within 24 hours of arriving in the OPSS·
- Progressing discharge plans initiated by frailty team in ED wherever possible
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment (CGA) and meticulous attention to mobility, nutrition, continence, skin care, medication, dementia care, and falls prevention
- Thorough collateral history to identify most appropriate individualised care plans, including End Of life care where required.
- Reduce length of stay by estimating date of discharge, providing multi-disciplinary input, and arranging early supported discharge
StaffBank can offer you the flexibility you desire with the benefit of the NHS pension scheme, and
more. Our jobs would bring a brilliant opportunity to anyone who is looking to top up their current
salary, skills or to accommodate their personal circumstances. You’ll be reliable, dedicated and
flexible, with a commitment to competent, high quality care delivery.
StaffBank requires you to have:
* Registration with the GMC
* Eligibility to work within the UK
StaffBank can offer you:
* Flexible hours
* Free Mandatory training and annual updates
* Support from a friendly and approachable team
* Excellent, Competitive pay rates
* Access to the NHS Pension
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete an enhanced CRB check. We
regret that we cannot accept applications from candidates seeking work permits.
Apply now to find out more about this incredible opportunity! Successful candidates will also have
an opportunity to learn about our great benefits!
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.