StaffBank is seeking a qualified consultant doctor to fill a 10 session line of work in Radiology. Requirements for the 10 sessions will be Routine Musculoskeletal ultrasound and ultrasound guided injections, CT MRI and plain film reporting
StaffBank can offer you the flexibility you desire with the benefit of the NHS pension scheme, and more. Our jobs would bring a brilliant opportunity to anyone who is looking to top up their current salary, skills or to accommodate their personal circumstances. You’ll be reliable, dedicated and flexible, with a commitment to competent, high quality care delivery.
StaffBank requires you to have:
* Registration with the GMC
* Eligibility to work within the UK
StaffBank can offer you:
* Flexible hours
* Free Mandatory training and annual updates
* Support from a friendly and approachable team
* Excellent, Competitive pay rates
* Access to the NHS Pension
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete an enhanced CRB check. We regret that we cannot accept applications from candidates seeking work permits.
Apply now to find out more about this incredible opportunity! Successful candidates will also have an opportunity to learn about our great benefits!
Job Title: Locum Consultant in Radiology with an interest in Musculoskeletal Imaging
Grade: Medical & Dental Consultant
Programmed Activities: 10
Reports To: Clinical Director
Accountable To: Medical Director
Responsible For: Providing radiological services to the patient population of Epsom and St. Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust with particular responsibility for MSK Imaging.
The successful applicant will join a team of 22 radiologists, each of whom provides a general radiological service including Plain firm reporting, Ultrasound, CT and MRI as well as having a subspecialty interest. The successful applicant will be expected to work cross site and join the on call rota.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
Principle Duties of the Post
The principal duty of this post is to provide a comprehensive clinical service to patients.
1 To at all times, comply with the GMC’s guidance on ‘Good Medical Practice’ as amended or substituted from time to time.
2 To ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times.
3 To undertake duties as defined within the attached job plan in so far as practicable and in agreement with your Clinical Director.
4 To be responsible and managerially accountable for the reasonable and effective use of Trust resources that you use and influence, and professionally accountable to the Medical Director.
5 On commencement to ensure personal attendance at the Trust’s corporate Induction (or arranged Consultant Induction).
6 To participate in the Trust’s Statutory & Mandatory training programme.
7 To be responsible for the Clinical Management of in and out patients under your care.
Teaching & Training
- To share responsibility with other Consultants for the recruitment, appointment and supervision of junior medical staff in accordance with Trust policies.
- To devote time on a regular basis for teaching and training of junior medical staff, contributing as appropriate to post-graduate and continuing medical education.
- To devote time, through agreement on a regular basis for teaching and training of medical students as part of agreed teaching arrangements with the Foundation School.
Management & Governance
- To be responsible for the management, appraisal and discipline of junior doctors who are attached to you, after taking appropriate advice, where appropriate.
- To maintain personal and professional development. The post holder will be expected to register with their respective Royal College for the purpose of CME/CPD and to fulfil the requirements of that registration.
- To provide advice, as required to the Executive and Trust board, General Practitioners and other interested parties, on the provision of planning of clinical services locally, regionally and nationally in keeping with confidentiality agreements relating to Trust business.
- To co-operate in the present framework agreement of management arrangements.
- To fully participate in Clinical Governance arrangements across the Trust including participation in clinical audit, research (where appropriate), pursuing an agreed agenda with colleagues and the Trust Board and fully co-operating in implementing the results in order to achieve best practice.
- To participate, on at least an annual basis in consultant appraisal and job planning reviews.
- To comply with Trust policies and procedures where appropriate.
- To ensure that all intellectual property rights of the Trust are observed.
Proposed Job Plan
The proposed job plan for this post is attached. This will be discussed in detail with the post holder on appointment based on skills and experience
Any offer of additional programmed activities will be based on the needs of the service and in line with the Trust objectives and will be reviewed on an annual basis.
On Call Arrangements
Existing consultants provide on-site out of hours cover for emergency CT scans and occasional ultrasound scans 5pm-8pm weekdays and 9am-3pm on Saturday and Sundays 9am to 12noon
Outside of these hours CT scans are outsourced to Medica for urgent reporting
Locum staff required to cover on-call duties will be discussed on appointment
Job Title: Locum Consultant in Radiology Sub Speciality MSK
Method of Assessment
Qualifications and Training
- Hold a medical qualification or qualification registered with the GMC
- Entry onto the Specialist Register for GMC or be within six months of obtaining CCT.
- Appropriate higher medical qualification
- i.e. FRCR or equivalent
- MD or equivalent higher degree or evidence of relevant research
- High standard of clinical skill and expertise across all modalities.
- Able to contribute to the full range of general radiological skills Participation in the on call rota.
- Experience in MSK Ultrasound including Ultrasound guided biopsies, aspirations and therapeutic injections.
- Also experience in MSK CT and MRI
Management & Administrative Experience
- Has attended a recognised management training event or will have such training on completion of CCT
- Supervision of post graduate trainees
- Personal time management skills
- Clinical Governance
- Ability to organise in patient and out patient waiting lists
- Familiarity within issues of service organisation and development
- Experience of teaching undergraduate and postgraduate trainees
- Ability to teach clinical skills
- Experience of teaching basic clinical skills to undergraduates/post graduates
- Experience of supervising junior doctors
- Experience of teaching Lay groups and other staff groups
- Ability to supervise postgraduate research
- Ability to contribute to change management
- Ability to apply research findings to clinical problems
- Ability to critically review research
- Publicationsin peer review journals
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work in partnership to deliver a patient centred service
- Demonstrate an understanding and willingness to embrace user involvement
- Good interpersonal skills
- Enquiring, critical approach to work
- Ability to communicate with patients and relatives
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Willingness to undertake additional professional responsibilities to local, regional or national levels
- Willingness to work with consultant colleagues and management to maintain and develop a comprehensive service
- Able to make own arrangements for travel between working sites
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.