BHRUT is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Consultant in Geriatric Medicine to join our team to help develop and deliver excellent quality frailty care to our local population.
You will have a base ward in one of the Acute Elderly Units and be responsible in looking after half an Elderly ward i.e., 15 medical patients. The post holder will be supported and responsible for the supervision of junior medical staff while contributing to the development of the Frailty Service and building on the existing good relationships with primary and community care services.
BHRUT is one of the larger acute trusts in the country, with workforce of more than 7,500 staff who provide care for a population of around 750,000 people across northeast London (NEL). BHR operates from two main sites - King George Hospital in Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital in Romford. The post holder will be based in either our newly formed Acute Frailty Unit at Queens Hospital or the Beech Frailty Unit at King George Hospital.
- Professional supervision of junior medical staff including to provide clinical and educational supervision and training
- Issuing clinical advice to GPs including advice on admission to hospital or specialist referrals to outpatients or ambulatory care
- Participate in relevant audit and quality assurance processes, including reviews of staffing requirements
- Out-of-hours responsibilities, including participation in the Care of the Elderly and
- Cover for colleagues’ annual leave and other authorised absences
- A responsibility to work co-operatively with colleagues and to respect and value their contribution to patient care
- Full registration with GMC Inclusion on the GMC Specialist Register (MRCP equivalent)
- Sub-specialty interest in falls, syncope and orthogeriatric
- Take personal responsibility for delivering quality results
- Consciously review mistakes and successes to improve performance
- Demonstrate ability to anticipate problems, analyse issues, suggest alternative solutions, and make decisions
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of our Operational Plan and performance objectives
Our Bank Consultants are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:
- Priority of shifts over agency workers
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive pay
- Ability to self-book shifts with a weekly paying system
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills Training
How do I apply? If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply directly to this advert and you will be contacted by a member of the recruitment team shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.