Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
Priority over agency workers
Supportive on-site teams
And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
We are looking for colleagues who can demonstrate their ability to work as part of our efficient and cohesive multidisciplinary team and interact well with local GPs. The department provides a large part of the Wessex dermatology SpR rotation in addition to post CCT surgical fellow and research fellow. The successful candidate would join the dermatology emergency rota supervising junior doctors on call.
Clinical support staff including nursing, technical and administration staff numbers in place to support this new post.
- Full GMC registration with a licence to practice
- MBBS/MRCP or equivalent
- BSc/MD (desirable)
- Entry on the GMC specialist register via CCT (proposed date must be within 6 months), CESR or European Community Rights
- An appropriate SpR experience in Dermatology culminating in CCST in Dermatology
General Medicine to Registrar Level (desirable)
- Demonstrable skills and experience of General Dermatology
- Sub Speciality interest either surgical or medical
- Understanding of clinical risk management
- Able to demonstrate appropriate level of clinical knowledge
- Knowledge and use of evidence based practice
- IT skills
- Effective, confident presentation ability
- Experience in and outside speciality
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.