BHRUT is looking for an enthusiastic cellular pathologist to join our well established, dedicated and supportive team. The post-holder will be expected to participate in clinical audit. The successful candidate who intends to undertake remunerated clinical work will first consult with their clinical manager. The Trust may offer the opportunity to carry out up to two extra Programmed Activity per week on top of the standard commitment.
BHRUT is one of the larger acute trusts in the country, with workforce of more than 7,500 staff who provide care for a population of around 750,000 people across northeast London (NEL). BHR operates from two main sites - King George Hospital in Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital in Romford. The successful candidate will be allocated a base at Queen’s hospital Romford. However, they should be prepared to work at other sites across the Trust.
- Contribute to reporting mainly on in Skin pathology and other areas like GI pathology and non-gynae cytology
- Act as a deputy Skin cancer MDT lead; contribute to general effective management/functioning of the department; Participate in diagnostic EQA schemes
- Participate in Clinical Governance both in the Department and the Trust
- Participate in annual appraisal, revalidation, job planning, external/internal QA programmes, clinical audit, clinic-pathological meetings and in Multidisciplinary Team meetings (MDTs)
- Observe Trust policies and procedures, drawn up in consultation with the profession on clinical matters
- Deputise as necessary for absent colleagues within the parameters imposed by the requirements of Clinical Governance and Trust policies
- Full registration (with a licence to practise) with the UK General Medical Council (MBBS and FRC Path or equivalents)
- Record of a recent period of consultant level reporting of specimen in skin pathology
- Evidence of awareness of recent developments in clinical practice that are relevant to skin pathology
- Actively listen to comments and challenges and respond constructively
- Take personal responsibility for delivering quality results
- Effectively address poor performance in accordance with Trust policy
- Consciously review mistakes and successes to improve performance
Our Bank Consultants are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:
- Priority of shifts over agency workers
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive pay
- Ability to self-book shifts with a weekly paying system
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills Training
How do I apply? If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply directly to this advert and you will be contacted by a member of the recruitment team shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.