Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust is seeking a Locum Consultant Histopathologist (10 programmed activity) to join the existing team of 16 Consultants, 2 Dissection Practitioners and 3 Dissection Practitioners in Training. Currently the department has four trainees on rotation from Wessex Training School. A Histopathology Training School has been set up in Southampton, and some of the Portsmouth Consultants teach on the Training School course.
The successful candidate will participate in specialist surgical dissection and reporting of breast and urology specimens, GI biopsies and participate in the reporting of general cases from the ‘pool’. General dissection is mostly delivered by BMS Dissection Practitioners. Cellular Pathology has a molecular laboratory, which aspires to bring new molecular testing within the department.
As an experienced Consultant Histopathologist you will ideally have:
- Full GMC registration with a licence to practice
- Primary medical qualification recognised by the GMC
- Training and wide experience in diagnostic pathology, enough to practise as an independent consultant.
- Able to organise oneself and prioritise clinical need.
- Understanding of NHS and clinical governance.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.