Speech & Language Therapist
University College London Hospital are looking for an experienced speech and language therapist (SALT) with a broad range of highly specialised clinical knowledge and skills, including critical care, to help provide coverage for a vacancy in our friendly, supportive, and hardworking team.
The successful applicant will deliver a highly specialist service across a variety of acute wards at UCH, including AMU, ED, general medicine, medicine for the elderly, infectious diseases, respiratory, oncology, and haematology. Competencies in videofluoroscopy and tracheostomy management are required for this post. There is excellent multi-disciplinary team liaison and joint working is encouraged.
You will be responsible for providing a comprehensive initial assessment, through to attending the relevant MDT and professional meetings, and planning complex discharges. You will have experience of acute hospital work, including critical care, tracheostomy weaning, respiratory disease, degenerative neurological illness, dementia and issues related to capacity. You will also be competent in tracheostomy management and videofluoroscopy.
You will be able to demonstrate competent independent diagnosis and management of acute and chronic communication and swallowing disorders. Excellent communication and negotiation skills and the ability to work independently under pressure in a challenging environment are essential. You will be provided with strong managerial and leadership support.
The Post Holder will be assisting patients who struggle with speaking, eating, drinking, and swallowing, speech and language therapists offer life-changing treatment, support, and care. You'll assist those who have difficulty speaking and communicating due to psychological or physical issues.
Our Bank Staff SLTs are so important to us, so as a thank you for their hard-work and commitment, we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to book and monitor shifts using online timesheet
- Weekly salary
- Priority of shifts over agency workers
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills training
- We operate with an open-door policy
- Competitive salary
- Access to Xexec Benefit portal
- HCPC Registration
- At least 6 months NHS experience in the last 3 years
- A specialist, experienced, autonomous practitioner, with a professional and proactive approach to work and excellent interpersonal skills
- A robust ability to assess patients with complex communication and swallowing problems and to identify their rehabilitation and care requirements
- An honest, caring approach to all patients
- Excellent administrative, verbal, and written communication
Apply now by for this exciting role by attaching your CV, and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact with you shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.