Speech & Language Therapist – Band 7 – Whittington NHS Trust
Whittington NHS Trust, with their outstanding reputation in safe, personal, coordinated care for their local community, are seeking a highly qualified Speech and Language Therapist (SLT) to join their committed clinical team in a rewarding role.
Known for being one of the safest hospitals in England, Whittington Health provide expert care for more than 500,000 local people and are valued by their local community. The Whittington Hospital Speech and Language Therapy service offers assessment and treatment to patients with newly acquired swallowing and/or communication difficulties that may have been caused by a range of complex issues, including stroke, dementia, trauma, or acute infection. Whittington’s SLT department provides a diverse selection of specialist services, including Outpatient Voice Therapy and a Paediatric Service, to aid the rehabilitation and communication skills of some of the hospital’s sickest patients.
The successful candidate will work as a part of the SLT department and wider multidisciplinary team, refining their specialist skills in dysphagia and communication. If you are a highly experienced Speech & Language Therapist seeking a challenging role providing acute care for some of the most complex communication problems and prioritise maintaining a gentle and caring approach to all patients, then this is the perfect role for you!
The Post Holder will be assisting patients who struggle with speaking, eating, drinking, and swallowing, speech and language therapists offer life-changing treatment, support, and care. You'll assist those who have difficulty speaking and communicating due to psychological or physical issues.
Our Bank Staff SLTs are so important to us, so as a thank you for their hard-work and commitment, we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to book and monitor shifts using online timesheet
- Weekly salary
- Priority of shifts over agency workers
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills training
- We operate with an open-door policy
- Competitive salary
- HCPC Registration
- At least 6 months NHS experience in the last 3 years
- A specialist, experienced, autonomous practitioner, with a professional and proactive approach to work and excellent interpersonal skills
- A robust ability to assess patients with complex communication and swallowing problems and to identify their rehabilitation and care requirements
- An honest, caring approach to all patients
- Excellent administrative, verbal, and written communication
Apply now by for this exciting role by attaching your CV, and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact with you shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.