Speech & Language Therapist– Band 6 & 7
Kingston NHS Trust are seeking a highly qualified Adult Speech and Language Therapist to join them on an interim basis within their acute NHS hospital in Kingston-upon-Thames.
Kingston Hospital cares for more than half a million patients every year and is highly valued by its local community, serving approximately 320,000 people in both Kingston and its surrounding areas. Kingston’s speech & language therapists works closely with the hospitals expert multidisciplinary team to diagnose and team some of the most complex communication and swallowing problems caused by neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, dementia, multiple sclerosis, motor neurone disease or brain injury. The SLT team also provide assessment and therapy to patients in the hospitals Acute Stroke Unit , helping rehabilitate and improve the communication skills of some of the sickest patients.
The successful candidate will work as a part of the SLT department and wider multidisciplinary team, and will be able to refine their specialist skills in dysphagia and communication difficulties by treating both medical and stroke patients in this busy acute hospital. If you are a highly experience Speech & Language Therapist seeing a challenging role to provide acute care for some of the most complex communication problems, and prioritise a gentle and caring patient approach at all times, then this is the perfect role for you!
- HCPC Registration
- At least 6 months NHS experience in the last 3 years
- A specialist, experienced, autonomous practitioner, with a professional and proactive approach to work and excellent interpersonal skills
- A robust ability to assess patients with complex communication and swallowing problems and to identify their rehabilitation and care requirements
- An honest, caring approach to all patients
- Excellent administrative, verbal, and written communication
Our Bank Staff SLTs are so important to us, so as a thank you for their hard-work and commitment, we offer the following benefits:
- Priority of all shits over agency
- Competitive pay rates
- Guaranteed line of work
- Weekly Pay
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills training
Apply now for this superb opportunity by uploading your CV, and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.