Speech and Language Therapist Band 6 –Barts Health Trust
Looking for a job with great prospects and a friendly team - come and join us!
We are seeking experienced Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist’s to join the Barts Health Staff Bank.
Barts is the largest NHS Trust in the UK. We operate from four major hospital sites (The Royal London, St Bartholomew’s, Whipps Cross and Newham) and several community locations, including Mile End hospital.
This post is part of Barts Health SLT department. The therapist will work as a member of the Adult SLT Acute, Stroke and Elderly Rehabilitation teams at Whipps Cross University Hospital and Newham University Hospital.
The post holder will be part of a team providing specialist assessment and treatment to adults in the inpatient setting, with acquired communication and swallowing difficulties . The post holder will provide intervention both uni-disciplinary and as part of a multi-professional team.
The post holder will work as part of the therapy team and be involved with service developments along designated clinical pathways. The post holder may be required to supervise band 5 SLT’s and band 3 staff if appropriate and will be expected to support student speech and language therapists on their placements. The post holder will access support and supervision from a Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist and Clinical Lead SLT.
In return for your hard work, the benefits of becoming a successful member of the bank team are:
- Competitive pay rates
- Annual leave accruals
- Ability to self-book shifts
- Weekly payroll services
- Shift flexibility
- FREE training in the core skill areas (including Health & Safety, Child Protection Level 2, SOVA, Manual Handling and Basic Life Support)
- A dedicated and professional Recruitment, Compliance and Bookings team to support you.
Required for role:
- At least 1 years’ experience of working with adults with acquired communication & swallowing disorders
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy degree or equivalent qualification.
- To be able to reference the last three years (Employment or Education).
Please apply directly to this advertisement, with full and correct contact details. A member of the Recruitment Team will contact you shortly to discuss the role in more detail and to guide you through registration.
You will need at least 6 months recent NHS employment experience to be considered for registration and an up to date CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.