The staff bank at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University hospitals, one of London’s most celebrated teaching Trusts, are seeking an experienced Band 6 Physiotherapist to work across their hospitals as a part of their Specialist Physiotherapist Acute Frailty Therapy Team
BHRUT provides outstanding healthcare for a population of more than 750,000 people across their most diverse London Boroughs and South West Essex, and is renowned for its reputation as one of the UK’s largest teaching trusts. A centre of excellence, BHRUT operates from two main sites – King George Hospital in Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital in Romford – as well as overseeing several clinics in the local area and providing specialist care across their regional Neuroscience Centre, Radiotherapy Centre, Hyper Acute Stroke Unit, and dedicated breast care services.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Band 6 Qualified Physiotherapist seeking a challenging role to work alongside the Acute Frailty Therapy Team. This role will allow a successful candidate to further their expertise by learning from BHRUT’s exceptional clinical specialists and optimise their clinical and mentoring skills.
Here at Bank Partners we understand the challenges that Health workers face, from being burnt out, Dealing with emotional stress and sometimes a lack of support. We have worked closely with BHR to understand how to help tackle this for the well-being of our professionals. The Trust strongly supports their staff, so they have created a project called well-being for a short or long-term wellbeing initiatives.
- To provide a high standard of physiotherapy service, facilitating and maximising patient potential within the service boundaries
To fulfil a teaching and supervisory role with peers, Junior staff and Students on placement
- To perform advanced holistic physiotherapeutic assessment of patients with diverse presentations and complex physical and psychological conditions, to provide a clinical diagnosis and develop and deliver an individualised treatment plan
- To hold responsibility for own case load and be responsible for a defined area of the service or a particular patient type, working without direct supervision.Access to advice and support from a Senior Physiotherapist is available as required. Supervision takes the form of regular informal/formal discussion and teaching, clinical reasoning sessions and peer review
- To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner
- Carry out early assessment and discharge planning with rapid and robust decision-making essential for efficient patient flow in, Queen’s Frailty Unit, Emergency Department, Medical Receiving Unit and Elderly Short Stay Unit
- Supervise, educate and assess the performance of less experienced Physiotherapists and Assistants, this would be to a graduate standard and involve working with the Senior Physiotherapist, as required, to ensure the standards of practice of the department are met
- Supervise, educate and assess the performance of Student Physiotherapists, this will involve working with the Senior Physiotherapist and universities as required, to ensure competencies are met
- Undertake evidence-based departmental audit and research projects, in association with Senior Physiotherapists, to further own and teams clinical practice. Will make recommendations to clinical lead/manager of service for changes to practice by the team
- To carry out other duties deemed necessary by the Lead Clinician in discussion with the post holder to ensure adequate provision of service
What do we look for?
- HCPC registration is compulsory
- 6 months NHS experience within the last 3 years
- Physiotherapy degree/or equivalent
- Awareness of current evidence pertaining to physiotherapy and application to clinical practice , using advanced clinical reasoning skills
Our Bank Staff are invaluable to us, so we provide the following advantages as a thank you for their dedication and commitment:
- Priority to choose own shifts over all agency workers
- Weekly salary
- Opportunity to work on rotation across various sites to gain more diverse experience
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills training
- Competitive pay
Apply now for this fantastic opportunity by attaching your CV, and one of our recruitment team will be with you shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.