Barts Health is the largest NHS Hospital Trust in the UK, supporting communities in East London and beyond with a population of 2.5 million. The Barts Health NHS Trust was established in 2012 and consists of six major London hospitals including Mile End Hospital, The London Chest Hospital, The Royal London Hospital, Newham University Hospital, St Bartholomew's Hospital and Whipps Cross University Hospital.
An exciting opportunity to work at the UK’s oldest hospital and a Centre of Excellence for cancer care. Working in an integrated therapy team as a Senior Physiotherapist, the post-holder will be expected to:
- Participate in the delivery of the specialist physiotherapy service to cancer patients at St Bartholomew’s
- Demonstrate the role and importance of physiotherapy in cancer care through the use of evidence based practice and standardised assessments
- Participate in the advanced assessment and treatment of patients within the specialty and to maintain records as an autonomous practitioner
• Ability to comprehend and work within the Trust’s policies of Data Protection, Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety and meet the differing needs of the patients
• Remain updated with professional practice and new research/evidence
• Understand the legal responsibilities of the profession
• Ability to keep accurate and legible notes
• Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job on a day to day basis
• Ability to deal with challenging situations
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
• Awareness of current professional issues
• Presentation skills
• Experience of on-call duties
• Enthusiasm, commitment, flexibility and self-motivation
• Ability to be empathetic and handle difficult or emotional situations
• IT skills
• Evidence of participation in audit/research
• Committee membership
• Evidence of extra departmental duties and responsibilities
• The skills and ability to help organise
• Advanced communication training and experience
What do we look for?
- HCPC registration is compulsory
- At least 6 months NHS experience but not compulsory
- Physiotherapy degree/or equivalent
- Awareness of current evidence pertaining to physiotherapy and application to clinical practice , using advanced clinical reasoning skills
So, what next?
If you think this position caught your interest you can attach your CV and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you feel like you have questions, please visit Bank Partners About Us section for more information and Job opportunities within our other 6 Trust.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.