Job Title: Senior Radiographer
Pay Band: Band 6
Location: Newham University Hospital London
Reports to: Core Services Lead
Responsible to: Site Lead/Clinical Director, Imaging
The aim of this role is to provide high quality, effective Imaging services to a wide range of services which are supported by Imaging including General and A&E x-ray, fluoroscopy, theatres and CT. There is also a possibility of rotation to MRI. The post holder will work closely with Radiographers, students and clinical staff of all grades to provide safe, prompt and effective imaging of patients.
Patients may be unconscious, un-cooperative, incapacitated, incompetent or with physical or mental disabilities. Some may exhibit anti-social or threatening behaviour. It is necessary to provide empathy and emotional support to the bereaved, terminally ill injured and traumatised.
The service operates 24 hours a day 365 days per year.
What experience and skills do you need?
The suitable candidate must have these following skills and experience:
- Up to date knowledge of general imaging techniques
- Able to work unsupervised
- Experience of working out of hours duties
Personal and people development
- Awareness of clinical governance issue in relation to patient care
- Active CPD with evidence
- BSc Hons degree in Diagnostic imaging or equivalent
- Health Professional Council registration
- Skilled in keyboard and mouse operation of computerised technology
- Able to operate VDU equipment.
- Teaching and training skills with the ability to adapt training and teaching styles in response to needs of the trainee.
- Team player with enthusiasm for radiography, with the ability to engage staff at all levels.
- PACS, RIS and CRS knowledge and experience.
- IT skills, with advanced levels of understanding of Microsoft office.
Main professional/clinical duties and responsibilities
Key Working Relationships
- Superintendent Radiographers
- Modality Leads
- Site Lead
- Consultant Radiologists
- Radiology trainees
- Radiographers (of all grades)
- Student Radiographers
- Administrative & Clerical staff
- Ward Nursing Staff
- Consultant Staff
- Representatives from industry
- MIS professionals
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com directly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.