- To work in a diverse multicultural environment and refine and develop experience across specialist physiotherapy areas and rotations in our RLH site six monthly rotation.
- To deliver specialised physiotherapeutic intervention to patients using highly developed skills in assessment and treatment of patients. This includes the delivery of exercise programmes and giving advice, information and emotional support to patients and carers in a wide variety of settings.
- To participate in the rotation scheme, which involves working across the Royal London Hospital site, over six sites in a range of ward settings, outpatient departments and in the patient’s own home.
- To contribute to the development of evidence based practice and clinical effectiveness during each rotation.
- To participate in the emergency and on call rota across the Royal London Hospital site
Reports to: Lead for Therapy Team during rotation
Responsible to: Head of Therapy Services
What experience and skills do you need?
The suitable candidate must have these following skills and experience:
- Student placements in core areas of physiotherapy
- Student experience in both acute and chronic settings
- Experience of using research and other evidence to inform practice
- Understanding of clinical governance
- Has an understanding of professional issues and NHS developments
- UK recognised qualification in Physiotherapy at degree level or above
- HPC Registration
- Able to demonstrate verbal and non-verbal and written communication skills
- Able to demonstrate clinical reasoning skills
- Able to demonstrate time management skills
- Able to demonstrate skills in assessment and treatment of patients
Main professional/clinical duties and responsibilities
Key Working Relationships
The Physiotherapist will report directly to the more senior physiotherapists. They will be accountable to the Clinical Lead of that rotation. The post holder may be directly responsible for development and/or supervision of assistant staff.
The post holder will provide support and teaching/training to students on placement or newly rotated staff.
The post holder will work closely with the multidisciplinary team including Nursing staff, Medical team, other therapists and support staff. This will include excellent feedback on the patient’s status and progress to enable effective collaborative working.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.