Occupational Therapist (OT) – Band 6 – North Middlesex NHS Hospital
North Middlesex University Hospital, one of London’s busiest acute hospitals, are seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist to join their devoted clinical team.
Despite seeing on average 2,000 patients a day, over 500 in their busy A&E department alone, North Mid pride themselves on their ability to consistently provide world-class standards of healthcare and a caring approach to every one of their patients. After being fully modernised with a £200 million investment, North Mid offer state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. Their expert occupational therapists provide a range of specialist services, including care of the elderly; admission avoidance; orthopaedics and surgery; a neuro outliers service; and a stroke service. The hospital’s dedicated OT team provide the highest level of individualised support to facilitate patients’ recovery, while continuing their mission to educate and elevate the careers of junior staff.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Band 6 qualified occupational therapist seeking a challenging role to work across multiple specialties and aid the rehabilitation and recovery of patients presenting some of the most complex conditions. This role will allow a successful candidate to further their expertise by learning from North Mid’s exceptional therapy specialists and optimise their clinical and mentoring skills.
To Provide the highest level of assessments and interventions in occupational therapy that is clinically effective, person-centered, and evidence-based for patients with severe/multiple learning challenges as well as physical impairments or complicated physical health requirements. The Post Holder will also be expected to help guide and supervise junior staff, while also assisting in the management, development, and research of occupational therapy services, including service reviews. The Post holder will be expected to assess and review patients, plans, implements and review, patient centered care
- HCPC Registration
- At least 6 months NHS experience in the last 3 years
- Strong initiative and commitment to mentoring talent, acting as a role model and resource to junior staff
- A specialist, experienced, autonomous practitioner, to be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work
- A robust ability to assess patients with complex physical, cognitive, psychological, mental health conditions and identify their rehabilitation and care requirements
- An honest individual with integrity, and excellent administrative, verbal, and written communication
Our Bank Therapists are invaluable to us, so we provide the following advantages as a thank you for their dedication and commitment:
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to book and monitor shifts using online timesheet
- Weekly salary
- Priority of shifts over agency workers
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills training
- We operate with an open-door policy
- Competitive salary
Apply now by for this exciting role by attaching your CV, and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact with you shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.