Occupational Therapist (OT) – Band 6 – Whittington NHS Trust
Whittington NHS Trust, with their outstanding reputation in safe, personal, coordinated care for their local community, is seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist to join their devoted clinical team in a rewarding role.
Known for being one of the safest hospitals in England, Whittington Health provides expert care for more than 500,000 local people and is valued by its local community. Whittington’s Inpatient Occupational Therapists play a key role in ensuring the safe, effective treatment and discharge of patients. The hospital offer a range of therapeutic services to ensure patients receive the best care options for their individual needs; including a Facilitated Early Discharge Service; acute, orthopaedic, elderly, and community Occupational Therapy services; and an acute Musculo-skeletal (MSK) service. With the diverse range of treatment options Whittington Hospital has to offer, the opportunities for a qualified OT to learn and develop here are endless.
This is a fantastic chance for an occupational therapist who is seeking a challenging role to work across multiple specialties and aid the rehabilitation and recovery of patients presenting some of the most complex conditions. This role will allow a successful candidate to further their expertise by working alongside Whittington’s exceptional therapy specialists and optimise their clinical and mentoring skills.
To Provide the highest level of assessments and interventions in occupational therapy that is clinically effective, person-centred, and evidence-based for patients with severe/multiple learning challenges as well as physical impairments or complicated physical health requirements. The Post Holder will also be expected to help guide and supervise junior staff, while also assisting in the management, development, and research of occupational therapy services, including service reviews. The Post holder will be expected to assess and review patients, plans, implements and revgiew, patient centred care
Our Bank Therapists are invaluable to us, so we provide the following advantages as a thank you for their dedication and commitment:
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to book and monitor shifts using online timesheet
- Weekly salary
- Priority of shifts over agency workers
- Access to free Bank Partners Core Skills training
- We operate with an open-door policy
- Competitive salary
- HCPC Registration
- At least 6 months NHS experience in the last 3 years
- Strong initiative and commitment to mentoring talent, acting as a role model and resource to junior staff
- A specialist, experienced, autonomous practitioner, to be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work
- A robust ability to assess patients with complex physical, cognitive, psychological, mental health conditions and identify their rehabilitation and care requirements
- An honest individual with integrity, and excellent administrative, verbal, and written communication
Apply now by for this exciting role by attaching your CV, and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact with you shortly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.