Aim of the role
The post holder will provide a high quality comprehensive administrative service to the Therapies and Discharge Teams.
The post holder will be a key member of these teams and will be responsible for ensuring that the processes and systems in use are complied with by the rest of the teams and for ensuring that obligations are met. As principle liaison point with both Therapies team and the Discharge Team, the post holder is expected to use their own initiative in managing and prioritising a complex and ambiguous workload.
Responsible to: Clinical Lead for Therapies/Clinical Lead Discharge team
Accountable to: Head of Therapies
Hours per week: 37.5
Location: Newham University Hospital
Key Working Relationships
Clinical lead for OT/Physio
The post holder will have regular contact with all staff within the Trust.
What experience and skills do you need?
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Good standard of education with a minimum of Five GCSE's Grade C or above (or equivalent), including English Language
- General awareness of corporate and information governance issues
- General knowledge of the NHS and issues affecting the service
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft office, including document Management systems
- Experience of working as a Rehabilitation Support worker with general experience working with Patients on the Wards
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of working with PCs/Microsoft Office programmes
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Good working knowledge of administrative and secretarial processes (e.g. electronic filing systems, formatting documents and reports)
- Working effectively as part of a team
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act and experience of handling confidential data
- Experience of working in the NHS Organising committee papers, including preparation of reports and agendas
- Office efficiency
- A strong and enthusiastic work ethic Strong customer care skills
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Excellent IT skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office packages
- Good numerical skills
- Maintaining confidentiality and a high level of discretion and sensitivity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise under pressure
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Taking the initiative and being proactive to find solutions to problems and to improve
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1) Working with Professional colleagues to act as the principle liaison point with both internal and external stakeholders.
2) To support and interact with the therapists and discharge team on a daily basis to facilitate the smooth running of the department’s daily tasks.
3) To assist the Therapy and Discharge Teams in maintaining and improving administrative systems within the department. To work co-operatively with supervisors and colleagues to assist in providing a comprehensive, efficient and flexible administrative service to all members of the Therapy and Discharge team, ensuring that the service operates effectively and efficiently.
4) Understand and prioritise written and oral handover
s from Therapists
5) Accurately read and interpret patient notes
- Presenting complaint
- Past medical history
- Previous physical and cognitive function
- Current physical and cognitive function
- Document clear goals, as per Therapies documentation
6) Complete Integrated Discharge Hub (IDH) referral form in a timely manner with all sufficient information provided (including ongoing care, equipment needs and SMART goals)
7) Feedback to Therapist and Discharge (IDH) Team, once IDH has been completed and e-mailed to Team
8) Document discussions around completion of IDH on Millennium system
9)To act independently ensuring that daily tasks and on-going workloads are prioritised and completed in agreed time frames as determined by the requirements of Newham Therapy Department.
10) To maintain good working relationships with other teams throughout the Trust
11) Provide and maintain an efficient filing, archiving system online.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.