Assisting Radiologists and Radiographers within X-Ray and Ultrasound. Providing high quality care and assisting in accurate diagnosis while treating patients with the utmost care & consideration.
The main duties are
- Organizing In-Patients to attend the department (including potering), under the instruction of the Radiographers;
- assisting the Radiologist/Radiographer/Sonographer during examinations;
- delivering the highest level of patient care;
- assisting on reception when required;
- monitoring stock levels
Reports to: Superintendent Radiographer
Responsible to: Head of Imaging
What experience and skills do you need?
The suitable candidate must have these following skills and experience:
Experience working in a healthcare environment
Experience of working with people in a confidential setting
Experience of working in a clinical environment
Experience working with Paediatric patients
Able to work as part of a team & prioritise busy work schedule.
Able to set up clinical trolleys using aseptic techniques.
IT skills, with advanced levels of understanding of Microsoft Office
Ability to maintain accurate records, including inputting information into a PC
Organised and efficient in their work.
Flexible in their working pattern.
Able to communicate well with patients, Doctors and other members of the team via telephone, face to face and over email.
To remain professional in all areas of communication
Main professional/clinical duties and responsibilities
- Communicates with patients and their carers, explaining the procedure about to be undertaken in a form that is appropriate to them and the situation.
- Ensures effective communication with all staff, patients and relatives, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Assisting in X-Ray, Fluoroscopy and Ultrasound procedures.
- Cleaning equipment
- Laying out trolleys prior to Fluoroscopy and Invasive Ultrasound procedures
- Accurately inputting data and logging procedures using departmental IT systems (RIS/PACs)
- Checking the Resus Trolley
- Working to Infection Control guidelines
- Assisting with stock control
- Managing throughput of imaging lists in an efficient and timely manner
- Assisting in routine Imaging duties such as handling calls and messages
- Administrative tasks around image tracking and record amalgamation
- Maintenance of accurate and concise records
- Co-ordinating and prioritising work practice within a designated area
- Participation in the QA program.
- Working effectively on the Reception Desk – greeting patients, making appointments, fielding queries etc
Key Working Relationships
- Imaging Assistants
- Administrative Staff
- Student Radiographers and nursing/Medical staff
- Potering Staff
- Clients, their family and carers
- External Agencies
- Company Representatives and Engineers
- Members of the Public
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.