The staff bank at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University hospitals, one of London’s most celebrated teaching Trusts, are seeking an experienced Band 7 Highly specialist Occupational Therapist to work across their hospitals as a part of their Acute Frailty Team.
BHRUT provides outstanding healthcare for a population of more than 750,000 people across their most diverse London Boroughs and South West Essex, and is renowned for its reputation as one of the UK’s largest teaching trusts. A centre of excellence, BHRUT operates from two main sites – King George Hospital in Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital in Romford – as well as overseeing several clinics in the local area and providing specialist care across their regional Neuroscience Centre, Radiotherapy Centre, Hyper Acute Stroke Unit, and dedicated breast care services.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Band 7 Highly specialist Occupational Therapist seeking a challenging role to work across multiple sites and specialities. This role will allow a successful candidate to further their expertise by learning from BHRUT’s exceptional clinical specialists and optimise their clinical and mentoring skills.
Here at Bank Partners we understand the challenges that Health workers face, from being burnt out, Dealing with emotional stress and sometimes a lack of support. We have worked closely with BHR to understand how to help tackle this for the well-being of our professionals. The Trust strongly supports their staff, so they have created a project called well-being for a short or long-term wellbeing initiatives.
- To provide specialist standard of Occupational Therapy service to patients within the acute elderly/medical service with a special focus on the Queen's Frailty Unit, Frailty RAFT (Ambulance Streaming Area), Medical Receiving Unit and Elderly Short Stay Unit, facilitating and maximising patient potential within the service boundaries using a holistic approach.
- To give highly specialist guidance, advice and education to other members of the Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) on matters relating to your specialist area.
- Provide leadership for your team (in conjunction with the Clinical Leads) in planning, coordinating, delivering and evaluating the Occupational Therapy service provided to patients within your area.
- To provide a lead role in teaching, supervising and appraising peers, Band 6, Band 5, Student Occupational Therapists and Generic Therapy Assistants
- To deputise in the absence of senior colleagues as required both within management and clinical areas.
- To contribute to the running and development of the service through the promotion, adaptation and development of policies, procedures and guidelines using evidence-based practise.
- Undertake supervision, mentoring and performance development plans to promote clinical and professional effectiveness of self and others. This includes performance management, management of disciplinary issues in liaison with Therapy Manager.
- HCPC Registration
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Broad clinical experience as a Band 5
- At least 6 months NHS experience in that last 3 years
- Ability to prioritise and manage own clinical caseload and demonstrate time management skills
- Ability to demonstrate skills in assessment and treatment of patients
- An honest individual with integrity, and excellent administrative, verbal, and written communication
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply directly and you will be contacted by a member of the recruitment team shortly. Ensure to attach a copy of your CV dating back to full time education. To be successful for this role, your CV must include both months and years, if there are any gaps in your CV due to unemployment, travelling etc, please specify the month and year you were in these circumstances.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.