The staff bank at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University hospitals, one of London’s most celebrated teaching Trusts, are seeking a Band 3 Therapy assistant to work across their hospitals as a part of their Therapies multidisciplinary team.
BHRUT provides outstanding healthcare for a population of more than 750,000 people across their most diverse London Boroughs and South West Essex, and is renowned for its reputation as one of the UK’s largest teaching trusts. A centre of excellence, BHRUT operates from two main sites – King George Hospital in Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital in Romford – as well as overseeing several clinics in the local area and providing specialist care across their regional Neuroscience Centre, Radiotherapy Centre, Hyper Acute Stroke Unit, and dedicated breast care services.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any Therapy Assistant seeking a challenging role to work across multiple sites and specialities. This role will allow a successful candidate to further their expertise by learning from BHRUT’s exceptional clinical specialists and optimise their clinical and mentoring skills.
- To provide skilled routine, and some non-routine, clinical and non-clinical support to the rehabilitation team, this includes Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists
- To accept patients allocated by the qualified therapist and treat according to protocols and guidelines, monitoring patient progression and making minor alterations to patient treatment programs as required
- To work independently, with access to direct supervision as required. To maintain close communication with the qualified therapists to facilitate patient care
- To actively participate in departmental indication and in-service training program
- To carry out other duties deemed necessary by the relevant team Lead in discussion with the post holder to ensure adequate provision of service
- Previous experience in a Therapy assistant role
- Studying therapies at university
- An honest individual with integrity, and excellent administrative, verbal, and written communication
Our Bank Therapists are invaluable to us, so we provide the following advantages as a thank you for their dedication and commitment:
- Priority to choose own shifts over all agency workers
- Weekly salary
- Opportunity to work on rotation across various sites to gain more diverse experience
- Competitive pay
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply directly and you will be contacted by a member of the recruitment team shortly. Ensure to attach a copy of your CV dating back to full time education. To be successful for this role, your CV must include both months and years, if there are any gaps in your CV due to unemployment, travelling etc, please specify the month and year you were in these circumstances.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.