Aim of the role
To work together with the dietetic team to provide an effective dietetic service to adult in-patients at St Bartholomew’s Hospital. To ensure that research and audit is undertaken on a regular basis to ensure practice is evidence based. This post will have a requirement to work on any adult ward and may be required to work at our other hospital sites: Royal London Hospital, Newham University Hospital, Whipps Cross Hospital
Salary band: Band 5
Responsible to: Clinical Lead
Accountable to: Head of Therapies
Location: Barts Health Hospitals in particular St Bartholomew's Hospital
What experience and skills do you need?
The suitable candidate must have these following skills and experience:
- Clinical experience in acute/ and or community setting
- Demonstrable experience of working within a multidisciplinary team and understanding team dynamics
- Documented evidence of commitment to CPD
- Demonstrable understanding of clinical governance and its relevance to everyday practice.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- BSc Nutrition & Dietetics or relevant postgraduate qualification
- HPC registered
- The ability to supervise student dietitians and/or Dietetic Support Workers
- Ability to work effectively single handily with individuals and groups
- Ability to problem solve, analyse complex clinical problems and create practical solutions to provide best clinical care
- Ability to communicate complex medical conditions in sensitive and easily understandable language
- Accurate anthropometric measurements and skills e.g. weights, heights, skin fold calipers to assess nutritional status and devise clinical plan
- Ability to undertake audit and change practice in accordance to findings
- Ability to research and interpret literature and apply to own practice to ensure clinical practice is up to date
- Computer Literacy i.e. Microsoft word, Power Point, Excel
- Good organisational skills i.e. managing own workload
- Ability to be self-motivated, take own initiative and plan own workload and CPD
Key result areas
Effective working in this role will mean that:
•To work independently using frameworks and protocols with the guidance and support of more senior colleagues to ensure effective and safe practice
•Workload will be managed and prioritised effectively in relevant setting and manager and team will be updated with any service developments and subsequent requirements as well as emerging research and evidence in the specialist field
•Any appropriate Multi-disciplinary Team (MDT) meetings are attended by a dietitian who will act as an advocate for the patients requiring nutritional support in particular enteral nutrition.
•Targets set by the line manager at one to one meetings and annual appraisals will be achieved
•Training of health care professionals will be undertaken where appropriate and where the need is highlighted to do so to improve practice
Key Working Relationships
The Post holder will work closely with all members of the dietetic team across Barts Health and will report to a senior member of the clinical dietetic team and the team lead. They will also work closely with all other members of the multidisciplinary team to provide a service which strives for excellence for our clients
Salary Band and Range: Band 5
Annual Leave Entitlement:
- 27 days for the first 5 years
- 29 days after 5 years
- 33 days after 10 years
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.