Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
Priority over agency workers
Supportive on-site teams
And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
• Participate fully in the provision of diagnostic neuroradiology, stroke imaging and head and neck imaging, in collaboration with the 3 (2.65WTE) existing consultants in the team. Colleagues will be encouraged to support the ethos of service redesign with flexible working, role extension and mentoring of junior and paramedical colleagues.
• General work
Acute in-patient cross-sectional imaging
On-call service. Max 1:9, currently 1:14 supported by local trainees until 2200hrs
Outsourced CT 2200hrs to 0900hrs
Weekend on call working is in and working for between 8-10 hrs, compensated with time in lieu (time and a third). This can be taken within three months of the on-call date.
• Provide training for the Portsmouth Radiology Training Scheme Specialty Trainees and other Southampton based rotating Wessex SPRs.
• Share with colleagues in the training, supervision and support of radiographers and ultrasonographers, including skill mix training.
• The job comprises 8 direct clinical care (DCC) and 2 supporting programme activities (SPA). One of the SPA sessions can be taken off site. We are happy to support flexible working (e.g. compressed job plan, four day working and home reporting etc.) Extra DDC PAs may be available following consultation with the Clinical Director, depending on departmental and personal requirements. Applicants interested in part time working are also welcome.
- Full GMC Registration with a licence to practice
- Entry on the GMC specialist register via CCT (proposed date must be within 6 months), CESR or European Community Rights
- Fellowship of Royal College of Radiologists, or equivalent.
- Subspecialty experience in diagnostic neuroradiology
- Management course or experience.
- Fellowship level training in Neuro imaging
- Higher subspecialty training in diagnostic Neuroradiology in a recognised Neuro Centre (min of 6 months) including demonstrable, significant and ongoing experience in CT and MRI imaging of the brain and spine.
- General Diagnostic Radiology skills to support local requirements for acute general radiology service weekday time and on call/ in and working at weekend.
- Understanding of clinical risk management.
- Fellowship level training in Neuroradiology imaging
- Experience of advanced stroke imaging techniques (eg perfusion imaging)
- Training and experience in teaching of medical, radiographic and nursing staff.
- Professional skills of high standard in Clinical Radiology.
- Demonstrable basic management skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Computer literacy.
- Appropriate and relevant publications in peer reviewed journals; presentations at national or international meetings.
- Evidence of clinical research training and significant involvement in research projects.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Knowledge of the principles of service redesign.
- Able to demonstrate appropriate level of clinical knowledge
- Knowledge and use of evidence-based practice
- IT skills
- Effective, confident presentation ability
- Experience in and outside speciality
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.