Barts Bank Band 7 Sonographer–Barts Health Trust - Weekends
Looking for a job with great prospects and a friendly team - come and join us!
We are seeking experienced Sonographer’s to join the Barts Health Staff Bank to work across all Barts Health Sites.
Barts is the largest NHS Trust in the UK. We operate from four major hospital sites (The Royal London, St Bartholomew’s, Whipps Cross and Newham) and several community locations, including Mile End hospital.
To become a successful member of our bank, you will have the opportunity to learn and work in a diverse and stimulating environment and enjoy the support of hard working teams, who put patients at the heart of all we do.
Barts Health Trusts provide services for a vibrant community, rich in cultural diversity and is a great place to work. Our therapy teams are innovative, creative and friendly, working closely with colleagues from other disciplines to deliver high quality, patient centred care.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic locum Sonographer’s with energy and drive, to join our team.
As a member of our busy and dynamic department you would be encouraged to be involved in performing a wide range of ultrasound examinations, including: General Abdominal, Gynecological, Small Parts, Head and Neck, Musculoskeletal, Vascular, Neonatal Head and Neonatal Hip ultrasound examinations. If you are trained in obstetric scanning and keen to maintain this skill, we can offer rotation to one of our obstetric departments within Barts Health NHS Trust.
In return for your hard work, the benefits of becoming a successful member of the bank team are:
- Competitive pay rates
- Annual leave accruals
- Ability to self-book shifts
- Weekly payroll services
- Shift flexibility
- FREE training in the core skill areas (including Health & Safety, Child Protection Level 2, SOVA, Manual Handling and Basic Life Support)
- A dedicated and professional Recruitment, Compliance and Bookings team to support you.
- Candidates must hold either the DMU or PgCert/Dip/MSc in Medical Ultrasound, and HCPC (or other professional body) registration.
- Ideally applicants should hold the recognised certification for Nuchal Translucency (NT) scanning from FMF / DQASS. If you are not NT accredited, we are happy to provide training.
- The post holder must be flexible, adaptable to change, prepared to embrace workforce developments and contribute to efficient service delivery through the highest standards of safe and compassionate care knowledge. You must be enthusiastic to learn, expand and share your own skills, and train fellow colleagues and students.
Please apply directly to this advertisement, with full and correct contact details. A member of the Recruitment Team will contact you shortly to discuss the role in more detail and to guide you through registration.
You will need at least 6 months recent NHS employment experience to be considered for registration and an up to date CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.