Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
Priority over agency workers
Supportive on-site teams
And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced a Cardiac Physiologist in all areas to join the Staff Bank, based at the Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth.
Portsmouth is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country. Joining the Staff Bank as Cardiac Physiologist we offer you a more flexible shift pattern, as well as the opportunities to work across different departments, gaining invaluable skills and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Echocardiography or Cardiac Rhythm Management.
- Proven record of clinical expertise.
- Experience as a Band 6 for a minimum of 2 years.
- Exposure to leadership experience.
- BSc Clinical Physiology or equivalent.
- BSE (British Society of Echocardiography) or BHRS (British Heart Rhythm Society)/IBHRE accreditation or clear evidence of working towards either qualification . MSc or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of CPD.
- Leadership development.
- HCPC Registration and RCCP.
- A minimum of 6 months experience working within the NHS desirable, not essential
- Excellent communications skills
Skills and Knowledge
- Effective leadership or team building skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise work for oneself and others.
- Skill in organising resources and establishing priorities.
- Able to make critical decisions and judgements.
- Teaching or mentoring skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Critical appraisal skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
Our Bank Cardiac Physiologist are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Competitive pay rates and weekly pay
- Opportunities to work across various departments and sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority of shifts over agency workers
- An online self-booking system and dedicated bookings team, accommodating your convenience and availability
- Electronic Timesheet submission
- Onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
- A professional AHP Recruitment Team that will ensure you are registered and compliant to work shifts as soon as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work, sending out regular expiry updates
- We also offer Core Skills Training
Please apply directly to this advertisement by submitting you current CV, for further information on the roles please contact the Portsmouth Hospital Staff Bank Team on 0333 577 3316.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.