Whittington Health trust are looking for Sonographers to join their team. The bank worker will act as clinical specialist for ultrasound services, and in co-operation with other services and Superintendent Sonographer, contribute to the effective and efficient running of the Imaging Department.
Main Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Act independently in the assessment of referrals for Ultrasound examinations, taking full responsibility for the justification of general Ultrasound examinations. Supervise Sonographers in this process if required.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in the safe operation of Ultrasound equipment and manage faults effectively.
- To comply with and contribute to the implementation of departmental and professional policies and procedures such as:
- Health +Safety including risk assessment and COSHH
- ALARA principles
- Quality Assurance Program
- Clinical Effectiveness
- Clinical Audit
- To be able to exercise personal responsibility and make decisions in complex and unpredictable circumstances e.g. Prioritising patients according to clinical need in an ultrasound and radiological situation.
- To work as part of a team within the Imaging Department and the wider Trust environment to ensure effective communication and delivery of care
- To work in a team under challenging circumstances maintaining a calm and collaborative manner at all times.
- To raise issues appropriately and face to face with relevant individuals to resolve conflict keeping the organisational iCARE behaviours uppermost.
- HCPC Registration
- 6 months NHS experience in a similar role
If you feel you have the skills for this role please apply today.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.