University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH) is one of the most complex NHS trusts in the UK, Serving a large and diverse population. We provide academically-led acute and specialist services, to people from the local area, from throughout the United Kingdom and overseas.
They are looking for band 7 Sonographers to join their bank team. The post holder will work as a specialist diagnostic practitioner in ultrasound and be responsible for a variable caseload of patients. Patients will present with a full range of complex conditions and the post holder will be responsible for carrying out the appropriate diagnostic procedures to support the diagnosis of complex conditions. The post holder will supervise, support and assist students and junior sonographers in service delivery and personal development.
Main Duties will include but are not limited to:
- To undertake a specialist practitioner role for a defined area of the Ultrasound service.
- To perform a wide range of specialised ultrasound procedures across a variety of complex clinical presentations and pathologies, to a required standard.
- To propose changes and work with other members of the multi-disciplinary team to implement improvements and development of the service.
- To operate a variety of Information technology systems to a high level, including the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) and Radiology Information System (RIS) and Soliton & ensure that all data inputs are accurately recorded in order to maintain the integrity of data for both patients and the service.
- To provide timely professional support to colleagues and other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- To deputise for a service or modality lead, in their absence.
Essential Requirements for the role;
- Right to work in the UK
- A minimum of 6 months experience working within the NHS
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to communicate accurately and effectively
Working through the Bank you will benefit from:
- First opportunity for work placements before agency staff
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated booking consultant available to assist with any queries and advise on suitable assignments tailored to you
- Electronic timesheet system with weekly payroll
If you meet these requirements and are committed to delivering top quality patient care, please apply below by attaching your CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.