Location: University College London Hospital
University College London are looking for Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapists to join their team. The role will be to provide a high quality speech and language therapy service within the Trust, by close collaboration with all members of the multidisciplinary team and speech and language therapy service.
Working through the Bank you will benefit from:
- First opportunity for work placements before agency staff
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated booking consultant available to assist with any queries and advise on suitable assignments tailored to you
- Electronic timesheet system with weekly payroll
Main duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited:
- To undertake specialist assessment for patients with complex presentation on the wards as an autonomous practitioner, including diagnosis and interpretation of results using specialist analytical skills in Videofluoroscopy and FEES.
- To provide / demonstrate highly specialist clinical/ technical skills for interpretive assessment techniques and interventions in the care of patients with tracheostomies and on ventilators seeking advice from the Clinical Specialist (SLT).
- To demonstrate highly specialist knowledge in this clinical area underpinned by current evidence based practice and outcome measures.
- To demonstrate highly developed auditory and perceptual skills in the assessment diagnosis and treatment of patients/clients.
- To make appropriate differential diagnoses and highly specialist clinical decisions on evidence from assessment/monitoring of complex cases, reflecting SLT theory and philosophy.
- To use / apply specialist knowledge to inform sound clinical judgements/decision making for case management, developing clear care plans based on best practice and in discussion with the Band 8A SLTs as appropriate.
- To demonstrate clinical effectiveness reflecting on evidence based practice and outcome measures (for stroke patients, according to stroke guidelines).
To be considered for these roles, you will need:
- At least six months NHS experience desired
- HCPC registration
If you meet these requirements and are committed to delivering top quality patient care, please apply below by attaching your CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.