University College London are looking for Specialist Speech and Language Therapists to join their team within Adult Neurosciences. The role will be to provide a high quality speech and language therapy service within the Trust, in collaboration with the rest of the SLT team and the multi-disciplinary teams in which the post holder works.
Main duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To comply at all times with the RCSLT’s and HPC’s Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of his/her own work, including: the management of patients, use of equipment and all written documentation
- To undertake specialist assessment for patients with acquired communication and swallowing problems within NHNN, including diagnosis and interpretation of results using specialist analytical skills.
- To demonstrate highly specialist knowledge in these clinical areas underpinned by current evidence based practice and outcome measures
- To demonstrate highly developed auditory and perceptual skills in the assessment diagnosis and treatment of patients
- To make appropriate differential diagnoses and specialist clinical decisions on evidence from assessment/monitoring of cases, reflecting SLT theory and philosophy
- To use/apply specialist knowledge to inform sound clinical judgements/decision making for case management, developing clear care plans based on best practice
- To demonstrate clinical effectiveness reflecting on evidence based practice and outcome measures
- To provide advice to others regarding the management and care of patients with communication and/or feeding and swallowing difficulties
To be considered for these roles, you will need:
- At least six months NHS experience desired
- HCPC registration
Working through the Bank you will benefit from:
- First opportunity for work placements before agency staff
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated booking consultant available to assist with any queries and advise on suitable assignments tailored to you
- Electronic timesheet system with weekly payroll
If you meet these requirements and are committed to delivering top quality patient care, please apply below by attaching your CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.