Whittington Health trust are looking for Band 6 or 7 Occupational Health Therapist’s to join their bank team within The Haringey Children’s Occupational Therapy service, based at the Child Development Centre, offers a service to all eligible children/young people (CYP) aged from birth to school leaving age who live in or attend an education setting in Haringey or who is registered with a Haringey GP. The caseload for this post is in a variety of settings: Child Development Centre / Nursery through to secondary school settings.
Main Duties of the role will include but are not limited to:
- To carry a personal clinical caseload maintaining a high level of professional competence and demonstrate developing clinical expertise.
- To administer specialist standardised and non-standardised assessments, interpret results and contribute to accurate diagnosis and prognosis within the team responsible for the child’s care.
- To assess and treat individual children with complex needs, in their homes and school or clinic setting, working as part of the multi-disciplinary team, and liaising closely with education staff and parents/carers.
- To assess, order, set up and review/adjust specialist seating for CYP with postural management needs.
- To use a range of communication strategies to overcome barriers to communicating e.g. language, communication difficulties or cognitive impairment and English as a second language, in order to engage and motivate the child and their family/carers in their Occupational Therapy treatment.
- Current HCPC Registration
- 6 months NHS experience in a similar role
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.